• Page:

TOPIC:

New Fly Tying Material For Spring Coho Dec 13, 2018 4:58 pm #21881

• Steelie Don
  • Steelie Don's Avatar Topic Author
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 509

You guys are killing me, who took pictures of my fly box? LOL Southshore is correct those colors are hot every spring for me dirty or clean water, also a good Steelie color. Oh and when they get a little beat up they work even better.

Great info to share with all the people on the website. This is why this website is getting more popular and the newer fishermen are happy to come on board. A great way to make the fishing experience more personal making some of your tackle.
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Fly Tying Material For Spring Coho Dec 18, 2018 12:24 pm #21890

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1725
Good looking colors Don. In the days before mylar, this how fishhair came. Nice to work with set up they way the have it done.
Thanks for sharing.
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steelie Don

New Fly Tying Material For Spring Coho Dec 18, 2018 8:08 pm #21892

• Steelie Don
  • Steelie Don's Avatar Topic Author
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 509
As it turns out I should have pulled the trigger on some other colors such as purple and little boy blue when the discount was on. Live and learn I guess. I do like making those flies and this season I am going to make a better effort to run flasher/fly combos. Is there a favorite fly pattern and flasher pattern Ed that you might talk about or for that matter, any other Southender?
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

New Fly Tying Material For Spring Coho Dec 19, 2018 5:40 am #21893

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1725
Don can't go wrong with some of the already mentioned patterns. All black, and black purple green mixes with other highlight colors thrown in. And, just like anything else there are those oddball colors that on days have their time to shine. Chrome by itself or a mix using chrome as part of a bi-color or tri color mix. When the bugs start to show up in coho bellies, black, blue, geen, gold combos are hard to beat. But your right its fun making them and even more fun taking fish on what you have produced.
When your making some more try less is best. BN, Southshore and Netminder have shown in the past flys that were almost completely torn up. I have some in the same condition that the fish continue to hammer. Not sure why???? But can't argue with these guys when they show you their killer fly with not much left to it.
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

Last edit: by Lickety-Split.

SAD news Jan 19, 2019 10:29 am #22077

• magnumlure
  • Thank you received: 0
Purple Taco
Fly Supply

We take great pride in our company, our commitment to customer service and in the products we sell.
It is with a broken heart that we share with you the passing of a good friend . Curtis Feldpausch, a former owner and founder of the company, lost his battle with Cancer and Lyme Disease Wednesday, January 9th. His passing will leave a hole in the industry and our hearts. We were lucky to have known him and know anyone who interacted with him feels the same. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

• Page: