TOPIC:

Steelie's New Coho Cruiser May 26, 2017 2:18 pm #14260

• Steelie Don
  • Steelie Don's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 509

Looking good Don, and its all down hill now as far as waiting for your Birthday present. Bet you slept good last night.......

Care to share the dream?????????;)

Slept good last night. Got up this morning to an empty house so I could play with the boat all I wanted. Pizza, chocolate cake, ice cream, and a bunch of family to share my day with this evening. Great day. I even share this date with such guys as James Arness( Matt Dillon) and the ever so famous John Wayne. Pretty cool huh! I'll bet neither one of those guys got a Searunner. But then I'll probably never get an award for being a tv and movie star either.
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Steelie's New Coho Cruiser Dec 08, 2017 5:16 pm #17103

• Steelie Don
  • Away
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
Had to update the status of my new boat as some interesting changes were made recently. The Trailmaster trailer the Searunner sits on was purchased with a trailguard epoxy paint finish. Cost hundreds of dollars more for the coating but I thought it would be worth it considering the travels my rigs get. To make a long story short, the paint started to wear off and flake off already. Hondacat got in touch with Trailmaster and they agreed to refinish the trailer.
This time the trailer would be coated with an poly-urea resin that is very close to bedliner material after the trailer was stripped and sand blasted. It took forever but I have it home and it does look like a better finish. It is like a heavy textured paint. My trailer was the first to be done with this new process. I will post on how well it is holding up. Last forever I hope. I took a couple of pics to show the coating. One is a fender with a step plate the other is a frame rail.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Steelie's New Coho Cruiser Apr 21, 2018 9:02 pm #18986

• Steelie Don
  • Away
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
Another update on the trailmaster trailer I have. It seems the new trail guard finish that was applied in early winter is already bubbling up in a fairly long area. It is about 18 inches long. I do not believe these coatings are worth having. They are expensive to buy and evidently are more problematic to apply. I now wish I had used a galvanized finish instead or looked at a different manufacturer. I was talking to Pirate on the phone about his trailer getting whacked and after he hung up I looked down and seen the paint blisters. I was replacing some Bimini top set screws that have vibrated out of the frame. I can hear the fallcito from the 60's Lou Christy singing " Lightning's striking again" in my mind. I can't win either Bill. Here is a couple of pix.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.