Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Boat upgraded Feb 05, 2024 9:43 am #38684

• Start Paddling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 293
I installed a Cisco track on my new rig this past summer.  It's a real clean setup.  They're all very similar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boat upgraded Feb 05, 2024 10:40 am #38688

• go4bigfish
  • go4bigfish's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 422
nice looking setup - but I hope that's your lucky hat!
Seriously - do you have any flexing using the Lund track mount for the tracks? Is there a bumper on the outside bottom of the track to prevent that? I have the 90 degree track on my boat so I am concerned about hitting the mounts when it is bouncy out there.
I see two downriggers on the back - are those tracks mount to rail or thru the gunnels?

Thanks for you input

Boat upgraded Feb 05, 2024 2:22 pm #38689

• Pikesmith
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 695
The back track is a 36” and front is 18” or 24”. Can’t remember off the top of my head as the boat is still in storage currently. Also for whatever reason on the bottom side of the weatherboard Lund only used some 1/2” plywood that ended about 1” from the outside hull and I would see a small amount of flex there when running the boom riggers so I made some backing pieces that span the tracks and filled that gap if that makes sense.

Last edit: by Pikesmith.

Boat upgraded Feb 06, 2024 9:17 am #38691

• go4bigfish
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I have several 6"x11" .100 6061 aluminum plates that I plan to cut and use as backers - ironic that they were mounting plates for Cisco network access points....

Boat upgraded Feb 08, 2024 5:48 am #38696

• jpbohney
  • Thank you received: 5
There are bumpers under the rail mounted tracks, but it seems that they never need to bump due to excellent rigidity. 

The rear track is bolted on with aluminum backer plates purchase with the track. 

Gear removal for stowing is pretty quick. Slide off the riggers, lift off the roof holder setup as a complete unit. 

My youngest gave that hat to my father who willed it back. We always carry his memory on board the BigBones. 

good fishing, 

jim

Boat upgraded Feb 08, 2024 11:03 am #38697

• go4bigfish
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Your setup is so sweet that Cisco should sponsor you - and I would wear the hat proudly. I have four 24" and two 18" sections of Cisco track being delivered today. I will likely bolt all of them thru since I may need to move a set of riggers forward at times. Still looking at some track mount rod holders and trying to decide how I want to configure mine.
Thanks for sharing your setup

• Page: