• Page:

TOPIC:

Marina Shores Yacht club fee Nov 21, 2019 11:43 am #25475

• DAYOFF
  • DAYOFF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 49
Marina Shores slip holders, they are adding a "yacht club fee" to the 2020 contract. I don't feel it is any value to fishermen. Read your email. Expect to pay another $225. I assume this is a method to keep the restaurant in business. I am skeptical of the food prices, dress code and open hours to be available to fishermen.

Also, the gas pump hours are too short now or should be self-service like Michigan City.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stag

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Marina Shores Yacht club fee Nov 21, 2019 12:28 pm #25477

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1679
I personally like what they are doing and as a slip holder I am all for it. I am sure many will like it, and many wont. No restaurant has survived there, yet its one very nice feature of the Marina to have food and cocktails / beer available right there. Since every other restaurant has failed, Marina Shores is doing it themselves. They need to guarantee jobs and good service. Only way to do this is encouragement via the addition to the slip fee. You get $200 credit to be applied to food / drink. The other $25 goes towards events and live entertainment etc. I expect prices to be equivalent or better than they were previously.

As far as the gas pump goes - I agree with you. It would be great to have self service pumps.
Boatless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul_L

Last edit: by Dirty.

Marina Shores Yacht club fee Nov 22, 2019 5:00 pm #25482

• Hooked
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 258
Marina Shores is definitely a fantastic marina but they are pricing me out :(.
Mathew 4:19
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Marina Shores Yacht club fee Nov 22, 2019 5:34 pm #25483

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1679
It certainly depends on what your needs and wants are John. Portage Marina is probably 15-20% cheaper overall. At marina shores you get the restaurant. fuel docks right there, pool, live events, boaters lounge, fish cleaning station, etc. To me that is important as I like to have a bit of a social life there in conjunction with fishing. Either way they are adjacent from each other. Pick what works best for your needs. I think both are great places, they just offer different things with different price points. You really cant lose with either one - just depends on what you want.
Boatless!

Last edit: by Dirty.
  • Page: