TOPIC:

INDY BOAT SHOW APPEARANCE Feb 19, 2020 5:30 am #25926

• BNature
  • BNature's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1376
Why won't I be out fishing on Saturday with the nice weather forecast? Because I will be appearing at the Indianapolis Boat Sport Travel and Outdoor Show and giving a seminar about small boat fishing on Lake Michigan. I know there are plenty of Southenders who are from central Indiana and plenty of them who will be heading for Indy to attend the Deer, Turkey and Waterfowl Expo that's going on in the West Pavilion at the boat show. Take a break from buying stuff and ogling the big bucks at the deer show and head for the 811 Stage in the NW corner of the Tackle Town Building - I'll be there at 2 PM, Indy time. Depending on the size of the crowd, the seminar will be very interactive so I should be able to cover topics that interest you.

One thing to know - my lessons will NOT be about walleye! The show promoters pulled a photo of me holding a walleye from somewhere and printed it on their show directory as well as on their website. Actually, I'll give you a preview of the walleye portion of my seminar: "Go to Lake Erie, the end." My subject will be basics about salmon fishing at the South End of the lake - heavy on spring fishing since that's the best time for guys with smaller boats to come and get started.

Go to www.indianapolisboatsportandtravelshow.com to purchase tickets in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lickety-Split, Stag, MCYaker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

INDY BOAT SHOW APPEARANCE Feb 19, 2020 9:00 am #25929

• Hooked
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 258
See you there.
Mathew 4:19
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

INDY BOAT SHOW APPEARANCE Feb 19, 2020 10:15 am #25930

• 73rr
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 107
I'm a small boat guy! I run a zv18 and actually love it. I store 18 rods on it. Having everything well organized is the trick. Once u have that down u will love being able to drag your boat anywhere and fish for salmon.

I'm glad it's becoming more popular or known about being able to fish big lakes with small boats. Sooo many ppl dont realize what they are missing out on.
The little red rocket! It's all the boat I need ;)

Last edit: by 73rr.

INDY BOAT SHOW APPEARANCE Feb 23, 2020 4:32 am #25988

• BNature
  • BNature's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1376
Thanks to the Southenders who showed up and hopefully, I recruited a few new members and took a bit of the "mystery" of fishing Indiana's portion of the Lake. I'm slated to be one of the speakers at the Coho Club's Super Saturday in a couple of weeks. I expect a bunch of seasoned fishermen and not so many rookies so I will be covering "Everything Dipsey" that day. Don't have a time for that appearance, just yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty

• Page: