• Page:

TOPIC:

Fish Hook Fleas! Jul 24, 2015 7:07 am #2501

• BNature
  • BNature's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1386
I've been out the past couple days. Fished near the wreck on Wednesday but Tuesday's north blow warmed the water there and only a few fish were left. I did notice a few fleas on the lines. So I went to Portage yesterday and the fleas kicked my butt! I fished straight north, and hoped for a mixed bag. Seemed to be no suspended fish in the area so my cores and long lines went untouched. I downrig using 20 pound braid and they'd load up with fleas in a few minutes. Tried switching to 20 pound mono which gave me about a 20 minute window before so many fleas on the line the releases would let go or the water pressure would just lift the 12 pound weights.
So it's time to go into anti flea mode.
I'd go into an explanation but I wrote a blog about coping with fleas last summer and no since writing it all twice. Go to: www.brother-nature.blogspot.com/search?u...-07:00&max-results=7
and scroll down a bit and you'll understand fish hook fleas better and how I cope with them.
Heading out to my boat with a spool of 30# Trilene Big Game. The war is on!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fish Hook Fleas! Jul 24, 2015 8:03 am #2503

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1683
Fleas were ridiculous while perching yesterday. Never had that issue while perching....ugh.
Boatless!

Fish Hook Fleas! Jul 24, 2015 2:38 pm #2510

• TAKIN IT EZ
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Same here, fleas on perch riggs never before. :( Rudey
1800 Lund Fisherman

• Page: