Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Heidecke Lake Monday AM May 30, 2017 7:17 am #14360

• rokoszm
  • rokoszm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 21
First trip to this lake and was impressed. The line of boats moved pretty quick at the launch at 6:30am, I wouldn't want to be a novice at this ramp. Fished mainly the west and south portion looking for walleye's and musky Being it was our first time we did a lot of exploring and the fish were far and few between. In a 6 hour period we ended up with only a handful of strippers and 2 crappie in the livewell and a bunch of throw back walleye's. Used a combo of spinners and lindy rigs w/ crawlers. Tried 5-20 FOW along restricted line being the best producing.

If anyone has any clues or good area's on that lake or tips it sure would help. It would take at least a few weekend trips to even find a few more hot spots! I do like the proximity to NWI and due to the cluster of boats out here, I'm sure others and locals do also.

Either way small catch, but nice day on the water.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Heidecke Lake Monday AM May 30, 2017 5:56 pm #14372

• Dirty
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1680
Sounds like decent success for the first time on a new body of water. I dont think I have ever been out there. Sounds there was a ton of boats fishing out there eh?
Boatless!

Heidecke Lake Monday AM May 31, 2017 1:49 pm #14397

• rokoszm
  • rokoszm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 21
They have parking for 100 trailers from what I could count. Either way 1,955 acres of water can handle them. Most were casting off the mainly rock shoreline for bass. We focused on structure, weedlines, and weeded areas.

BTW it's also a free launch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty

Heidecke Lake Monday AM May 31, 2017 6:20 pm #14402

• EAGLE EYE
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Weekends usually a zoo out there only been three times but I will say that if you find the crappies there average size is 12 inches

Heidecke Lake Monday AM Jun 05, 2017 2:54 pm #14493

• Tmik34
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1092
I used to fish there all the time when I had a smaller boat. The bridge to go to the North pool is usually a hot spot for stripers and walleye. The islands on the north side are a go to place for stripers. Windy rockshore for walleye. Good luck its a fun lake when they are hitting. I landed my personal best full striped bass at 16lbs there. They have Hybrids too.
-Lady M- Sea Ray 290 Amberjack

• Page: