TOPIC:

Cedar Lake Apr 27, 2015 10:33 am #1194

• Dirty
  • Dirty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1684
Fished Cedar Lake yesterday - more of a brew cruise than anything (10 mins from the house). The search was for Wipers as the last time I was out there two years ago I pulled a 9 pounder. Marked fish but had no takers - not really sure what the status of that water is these days.

I remember as a kid I used to kill the crappie out there - not sure if its worth a darn these days or not. I dont think its near as polluted these days but I am sure its not the best. Would be great to figure out some tactics - I know there are some pretty big wipers in there.
Boatless!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cedar Lake Apr 27, 2015 10:52 am #1195

• Plane to Sea
  • Thank you received: 210
Fished there also when I was a kid with my best friend and his Grandpa. Caught some big Crappies and ate them. Didn't know any better. Caught them off Ballroom Pier. That's where my Mom & Dad meet. It was quite the meeting place back in the days!!! Steve

Cedar Lake Apr 27, 2015 11:44 am #1196

• Dirty
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I hear ya Steve - used to love going there when I was a kid. The area is turning around now, but not sure about the fishing. I am determined to make a go of it this year and see what I can or cant dredge up when weather conditions arent ideal for the big lake.
Boatless!

Cedar Lake Apr 28, 2015 12:13 pm #1197

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1742
Wow, sure is a lot of old history to that area. Have some very old black and white pictures of my dad and his brother after they floated the lake fishing for crappies. We fished some when I was a kid.
It was the spot to go in the war time era, big bands on there way to Chicago would stop to play at the ballroom.

Heard the wipers are just about gone now, but you never know unless you check it out. Good luck Jeff.
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

Cedar Lake Apr 28, 2015 4:00 pm #1198

• Dirty
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
If I happen to find anything I will let you all know lol. I am 99% sure that lake is a crapshoot though. When I was out the other day there were 6 boats out fishing .......I found that rather peculiar. Expected to be the only one out there.
Boatless!

• Page: