• Page:

TOPIC:

Jerkbait bite Apr 19, 2017 12:28 pm #13445

• southshore
  • southshore's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 471
I decided to change things up a bit the past two days and did some smallie fishing from shore. It's paid off quite nicely. I've always heard the press pawn smallies gobble up suspending jerkbaits, but I've never put the time in to dial it in. I found fish on the wind blown shore line yesterday and again today and they were all over my jerkbaits, best was a lucky craft staysee 90, but I also took a couple on husky jerks in a shallower area. Also had a couple bonus brown show up to the party. The key was lots of pauses, 5, 10, 20 seconds then twitch twitch or a sweep. I went back again today and it was a little slower but still managed a few fish. I missed a couple toads, amazing how they can hit a bait with two or three trebles and not stay hooked, but a lot of the fish I landed were barely hooked by the back hook. My buddy met up with me last night and was tossing tubes and I out fished him about 5:1. Would have liked to have gotten some more pics for you guys but its tough solo on the rocks.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dtLund13, dogsbestfriend, dzamo, Pikesmith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jerkbait bite Apr 19, 2017 1:17 pm #13446

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1681
Thats awesome! Good to see some bass reports for ;)
Boatless!

Jerkbait bite Apr 25, 2017 2:58 pm #13635

• badredram
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 236
Thanks for the report! Rock on!
>2014 Alumacraft Dominator 185 Black/White - "Tin Star"

• Page: