• Page:

TOPIC:

free to a good home May 27, 2020 6:18 am #27801

• Lickety-Split
  • Lickety-Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1725
Going thru items I do not use anymore. I have a few small children life jackets, and probably more other items that will go to someone who needs them. just leave me a personal message.
Ed
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmik34, grady1007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

free to a good home May 28, 2020 5:38 am #27850

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks grady will hold them for you. Will be going thru more items today for you. stringers, baitcasters, some reels etc.
Lickety-Split

free to a good home May 30, 2020 1:46 pm #27910

• grady1007
  • Thank you received: 54
Ed,
Thanks so much for the jackets and the gear. They will be put to good use by kids that don't have their own!

For those reading, Ed made a donation of fishing gear no longer needed to a charity I volunteer with, Fishing for Life, in MN, The website is fishingforlife.org, if you'd like to take a look. We are a faith-based 501.3c, and focus on bringing the outdoors to kids that may not get to see it in their everyday lives. We run Saturday lake events where volunteer boat guides take 2-3 kids out for the morning and there is a weigh in with prizes. There also day camps and 5 day resident camps in Northern MN. All told, we serve about 1,200 kids per year. Part of the experience is getting to take home a rod/reel and a tackle box with lures, if they don't have one. These come from donations like Ed's, that are then refurbished by volunteers. If you find yourself with more gear than you can use and would like to donate, PM me and I'll come pick it up. It will be put to good use!

Ed and I were discussing how cool it would be to get something like this started here. If this interests you and you have some thoughts, please share them by reply here or PM. We could start small and see how it grows. It only takes a handful to start the process.

Thanks!

Russ Weybright
Grady 1007
2009 Polarcraft 1910
115 hp Honda
15 hp Honda
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lickety-Split

free to a good home May 31, 2020 7:48 am #27923

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Russ,
It was a pleasure to meet you. I totally admire the work that you and others are doing for kids. Sometimes we may not give thought to those young kids that do not have a mentor to teach and take them fishing. To know what I gave in donation will be used in this manner is comforting.

Fellas, Russ is the real thing. Without others to help in donations makes it just a little harder to put a smile on a young persons face.. To see those young kids get a chance to fish and learn is awesome. My hat is off to you sir. If you guys have some items that you do not use anymore please consider the work that Russ is doing.

How could we get something started like that around this area?
Lickety-Split

The following user(s) said Thank You: Steelie Don, grady1007

free to a good home May 31, 2020 9:17 am #27929

• drjdrew
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 363
A friend connected me with the group "Friends of Fishing". They do an annual take a kid fishing event and a fishing tournament as a fundraiser. You can find them on Facebook.
1982 Alumacraft T-16XL
1995 ProLine 170 Sportsman

• Page: