• Page:

TOPIC:

Kentucky Lake get away Apr 16, 2018 10:18 pm #18894

• Wallin
  • Wallin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 266
We went down last oct and it wasn't much better and will be going this oct as well.
The wifes bro has a house on the lake and invites us down for the fishing. just learning it myself guys.
We fish up north of highway 68 which is the bridge that goes to land between the lakes in Kentucky. But we went down to the Big Sandy there in paris to visit friends that just
retired from USX and live 2 mins from the Marina at paris. I have seen some very nice coolers of them crappies they got last summer and Paris is suppose to be one
of the best areas. I gave away 1 crappie the first day we fished and it was a guy that worked at B P and lives in Highland.
Caught my crappie dragging a 1/4 oz walleye jig with a minnow (purple was hot). Did better than all them guys using the spreader rigs that day.
10 inch limit in Kentucky also
Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Wallin.

Kentucky Lake get away Apr 16, 2018 10:29 pm #18895

• Wallin
  • Wallin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 266

You drove right by my house on your trip south. I can show you a few places to go on Barkley also.

Drove by your house because that sunday was 30 to 40 mph south winds that kicked my butt all the way down there lol. usually I take 57 down to 24 and it saves time.
My mother was born in Lawrenceville and my fathers from Elnora - Odon area.
May move to Kentucky to get away from the taxes here in jasper county and the state tax. Kentucky you don't have to pay on your retirement.
Tom

Kentucky Lake get away Apr 17, 2018 6:57 am #18897

• Steelie Don
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 515
Another big plus in fishing Kentucky is that boat registration fees are next to nothing. Not like in Indiana where I nearly had to take out a loan to pay for my new YEAR long registration for my Hewescraft.
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

• Page: