Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Retirement Deer Oct 30, 2016 3:45 pm #10152

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1740
Well. who would of thought. Thanks for letting me know.
We are going to try in the morning. I have only hunted a couple of evenings. Been having trouble with my legs again. One of our guys took one yesterday. Said the saw three different bucks. He said one buck was running a few does pretty hard and was grunting and running all over the place with his tongue hanging out. So your right its about the right time. Seeing more bumper bambies along the road also. Did site in the smoke pole last weekend. Tried a new powder for us. BlackHorn Powder. Its a little more in money but doesn't go sour like triple seven does. And I can burn a stronger primer like the CCI 209M primer. Can't use the CCI primer with Triple seven. It burns the center of the charge out, but is perfect for this newer powder. Left my encore set up at 11/2 inch high at 50, still 1 inch high at 100, and is right on at 150. Will shoot 1 more session before gun season.

I did as you asked and deleted the other one for you. Sure am happy for you with the retirement.
Donna and I was going to go out to Erie this week but are going to put it off for one more week. I'm ready to get into some fall walleye and some night trolling out there.
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steelie Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lickety-Split.

Retirement Deer Oct 30, 2016 6:10 pm #10154

• bob
  • Thank you received: 725
I will be in the woods in the morning also. I'm gonna hit it hard for the next few weeks!
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4

Retirement Deer Oct 30, 2016 6:22 pm #10155

• Steelie Don
  • Steelie Don's Avatar Topic Author
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 509

I will be in the woods in the morning also. I'm gonna hit it hard for the next few weeks!

Good luck Bob and make sure you bring your best hammer to the woods when you hit it hard. I know you get to see some really nice heads, I am really envious.
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bob