TOPIC:

Good and Cheap Broadheads Oct 28, 2016 4:16 pm #10119

• Steelie Don
  • Steelie Don's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 509
The price of broadheads is staggering, upwards of 35 bucks for 3 of them. I along with other hunting friends have been using some very cheap priced heads for a few seasons now. They worked well on does and some average sized bucks but were not really tested on large animals till now. The head blew through my big deer and cut a big gash going in and out. These are Chinese made knock-offs of the popular Rage broadheads. You can find them on Ebay. Look up "Hypodermic Broadheads" and hundreds of listings will show up. I was buying them at auction for less than a $1.20 per head plus free shipping from China. I try to buy American when I can but these are to good to be true. They come in 4 or so variations. Here is a pic one that I use. The open one killed the deer.

My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Steelie Don.

Good and Cheap Broadheads Oct 29, 2016 10:31 am #10128

• Wallin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 266
I'll check them out.
I sold my bow and got a crossbow and luv it.
Much easier on the shoulders.
Tom

Good and Cheap Broadheads Oct 29, 2016 2:11 pm #10131

• Steelie Don
  • Away
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
You can't go wrong with these. Shoot them then throw them away. No replacement blades are offered, but at the price point it would be easier to buy new heads. They are very sharp and work well with either vertical or crossbows. Do your self and your wallet a favor and check them out.

Good and Cheap Broadheads Dec 26, 2016 10:10 pm #10577

• EAGLE EYE
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Hey don big believer in rage broadheads I looked into those eBay broadheads and ordered two different kinds one of them looked like yours. Just outa curiosity Have u ever had any issues with them? they didn't feel no where nearly as sharp as the original ones???

Good and Cheap Broadheads Dec 27, 2016 8:20 am #10579

• Steelie Don
  • Away
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
I personally have never used a "real" Rage broadhead so I can't comment on a comparison between the two. I can however compare them to the NAP products that I have used for years and years. The knock off blades are every bit as sharp as the Spitfires, Bloodrunners, and Thunderheads I have used.
I noticed on the small blade that is on the tip of the ferrule that they were not very sharp but they don't have to be. Those blades are more for smashing bone and clearing a trail for the larger blades. The main blades all felt sharp to me. Can they be sharper? Maybe, but I am getting good blood trails. My thing was the cost of the name brand stuff, they worked well and killed the deer quickly when they were hit right. These do the same thing at very little cost. Funny you should write about this now as I recently got a dozen 4th generation knockoffs that have a 2 3/8 cutting diameter and an oversized tip blade. I think they will be great on my crossbow bolts.
All I can say is try them. Hopefully they will work for you as well as they do for me. You being a bowhunter know that the hit is everything. Bad hits have bad blood trails and even the sharpest broadheads can't fix poor shot placement every time. Here is a few pics of my latest buy of these heads.

These newest ones seem very sharp too me. I am looking forward to a short blood trail with these.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by Steelie Don.
  • Page: