• Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone with Property willing to lease?!?!? Sep 06, 2017 9:44 pm #16458

• Jums
  • Jums's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 117
I know this is a far stretch on this site but I'm looking for new land to lease next year. Our group is 3 adults and one minor (11 year old nephew). If any of you has quality hunting land you would be willing to lease or know anyone who would be interested let me know that would be awesome. We would be willing to pay up to 4K a year for the right amount of land. Thanks
Handle- "Firefly"
2009 Hewes Craft Sea Runner 200
2016 Alumacraft Competitor 175

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jums.

Anyone with Property willing to lease?!?!? Sep 07, 2017 7:31 am #16465

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1740
How much land are you looking for and how far are you willing to drive?
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

Anyone with Property willing to lease?!?!? Sep 07, 2017 5:12 pm #16478

• Jums
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Both of those are hard to say off hand. I would Prefer 100+ acres for all of us to hunt same days, but at the same time I know if land is in the right location and has right structure to it size doesn't always matter but obviously the amount of money I would be willing to pay would reflect from the size of the land and what it consists of. As far as distance I would prefer withing 5 hours or so but would be willing to stretch that a little. If we were able to camp on land throughout the year while we scout and pattern deer.
Handle- "Firefly"

Anyone with Property willing to lease?!?!? Sep 08, 2017 6:46 am #16487

• EAGLE EYE
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Hey jums I know this isn't what ur asking but u try asking to hunt land locally. I hunt three properties by me all 5-10 min from home biggest is 30 acres which I share with morons n I really don't shoot anything but my other two places are 5 n 10 acres n u can't really hunt 3-4 hunters but you guys can rotate or find a few more places to hunt so ur not always pressuring the deer I know easier said than done but I can shoot all meat I want season long not bragging just saying. I bow hunt with my cousin and he has a couple small spots we hunt report and switch places after each hunt. I'm just saying maybe you could save some money and stay close to home and hunt after work or every weekend

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Anyone with Property willing to lease?!?!? Sep 09, 2017 10:08 am #16492

• Jums
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Noah,
Havent hunted locally. Had 400 acres we hunted for free forever but that is gone now due to illness in the family they had to sell it. I do hunt alot of public and always fill my tags but big mature bucks on public sucks. I've taken a few booners off public land but I like being able to leave my stands up year around without worrying about getting stolen and trail cams and what not. Plus knuckle heads pressuring the deer. Anyways back to what you suggested, did you just go door to door or did you find out who owns the land and call them?
Handle- "Firefly"

Anyone with Property willing to lease?!?!? Sep 09, 2017 7:51 pm #16496

• EAGLE EYE
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
I went door to door and while 99 percent told me NO!!!! I kept on looking!!! I hunt in Illinois and two of my three properties sit next to forest preserve n I sit between them n the corn fields but even the one property that is no where near forest preserves I see deer there all season. I introduce myself with my cousin and be as polite as possible one bonus for me is if they like deer meat or fish I'm in the chips I offer some meat and plenty of salmon and if property is very productive I go as far as shooting processing and vacuum packaging the meat for them and they n I are very happy! Treat land like it was urs n then some keep in contact through out the year with them for Christmas or thanksgiving take em a nice spiral ham or something worse thing u can do is tell them there will be a bunch of guys hunting the land with u slowly introduce a hunting partner at a time cuz if there's anything that will get u kicked off its ALOT OF GUYS and TRASHING THE PLACE my few little places I've hunted on from 7-15 years and hopefully many more to come u hunt Illinois or Indiana

Anyone with Property willing to lease?!?!? Sep 10, 2017 8:08 pm #16500

• Jums
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Yea I'm no stranger in any of that. But thanks I'm gonna knock on some doors next season
Handle- "Firefly"

Anyone with Property willing to lease?!?!? Sep 16, 2017 5:28 pm #16555

• willbill219
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 194
Jums, I'm on 6 acres and would say about 3 1/2 of it is wooded, your more than welcome to come take a look at it and see what ya think. My number is 219 405 0157. I'm located just north of rt 6 and just east of 149.
“TANGLED MESS”

2016 Crestliner Authority 2050

• Page: