• Page:

TOPIC:

Update on Public Land Firearms Nov 03, 2017 9:11 pm #16900

• Steelie Don
  • Steelie Don's Avatar Topic Author
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 509
Got an email from the IN DNR this evening that is stating that certain rifles are now legal for use on public lands and on special hunts. The rules are now as they were last year. Good news for deer hunters on public areas. Check out DNR website for more info.
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update on Public Land Firearms Nov 04, 2017 12:15 am #16903

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1740
I had this in a email today Don, still doesn't look right.

DNR emergency rule for 2017 deer hunting season
An emergency rule signed today by the DNR, filed with the Natural Resources Commission and the Legislative Services Agency, states the following:
“Rifle cartridges that were allowed in previous years on public land for deer hunting are allowed on public land again this year during the deer firearms season, the reduction zone season (in zones where local ordinances allow the use of a firearm), special hunts on other public lands such as State Parks and National Wildlife Refuges, and special antlerless season.
This means that the rifle cartridge must fire a bullet of .357-inch diameter or larger, have a minimum case length of 1.16 inches, and have a maximum case length of 1.8 inches if used on public land. Full metal jacketed bullets are illegal.”
For more information on rifle requirements for deer hunting on private land, visit wildlife.IN.gov/7389.htm and click on “Equipment.”
To view all DNR news releases, please see dnr.IN.gov.
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lickety-Split.
  • Page: