Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Any coyote hunters out there? Looking to get started and could use a boost. Feb 05, 2020 3:42 pm #25849

• grady1007
  • grady1007's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 54
I've got a Foxpro call, a .243 with a Burris lighted reticle scope (not starlight, but good low light) and a yearn to try this. For those that hunt, private land or public? I am told that most private land is wrapped up in leases. If the leaseholders aren't dog hunters, I would think they would be happy to have someone thin the pack. Not so?

Finally, if you can fir me in on a hunt, I'll be happy to contribute heavily to expenses.

Thanks!
Grady 1007
2009 Polarcraft 1910
115 hp Honda
15 hp Honda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any coyote hunters out there? Looking to get started and could use a boost. Feb 05, 2020 4:26 pm #25850

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1740
You have the right equipment. Your 243 is plenty. Would ask you if you have shot at 200 yards on a bench to make sure your on at long distance. Sometimes a squeaker like a mouse sound after the fox pro has pulled one will bring them in a little closer. They are famous for holding out there a few hundred yards to check your set up. They will circle if they have been messed with and try to get your wind. Another time that is good is during turkey season they hunt the hens when they go on a nest. We shoot a few every year during turkey season. Our farmer considers them a pest so we can shoot them year round. Breeding season is on right now. Figure 60 days and they will have pups in dens. Most of the ones we take during turkey season are females hunting hard for the pups..
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away
The following user(s) said Thank You: grady1007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lickety-Split.
  • Page: