Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

For you Indiana deer hunters, a plug for the .350 Legend. Warning: graphic Nov 18, 2020 10:16 am #29290

• grady1007
  • grady1007's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 54
If you are considering a straight-sided rifle round to use in gun season in Indiana, I am recommending the .350 Legend. It's a couple years old, and I used it this year in MN (above the rifle line). Recoil is equivalent to a .243, or less, you don't know you are shooting it. My platform is a Ruger ranch rifle, can be bought new under $500.

I took a deer this year at 100 yards and the accuracy was perfect. I couldn't believe the lethality of the round. Entered the right shoulder through soft tissue, through a rib, 3/4" hole entering the heart, complete destruction exiting the heart, shattered 3 ribs on exit, shattered the far shoulder and kept going. Deer dropped in place.

Having shot a .45-70, I like this much better! My $.02.
Grady 1007
2009 Polarcraft 1910
115 hp Honda
15 hp Honda
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stag

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

For you Indiana deer hunters, a plug for the .350 Legend. Warning: graphic Nov 19, 2020 8:18 am #29303

• Wildkat Tim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 277
I myself have been using a Ruger 44mag since they were legal in Indiana. It's a great gun. Lite, rounds won't break the bank and it's right on. The 3-9x40 Nikon scope has never let me down. The past 3 years I have shot 2 deer each opening day. I've used 7 rounds. Yea I missed with 1. LOL Anyway I let my son used it this past Saturday afternoon. He took 2 deer with 2 shots. What else can I say. It's a great deer gun for me. And it does reach out a bit. I have taken a number of deer over 100 yards up to a 175 yarder that dropped him in his tracks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: