• Page:

TOPIC:

Recent Trip To Austin, Texas May 16, 2016 4:54 pm #6192

• Steelie Don
  • Steelie Don's Avatar Topic Author
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 509
One of my twin boys graduated from IU a week or so ago. GM offered him a job at their technology center in Austin, which is the state capital if you didn't already know. Any way I went with him and his mother to find a place to live down there. When we completed our mission we had time to explore some. I am a Texan but have never visited the town. It was nothing like I thought it would be. It is like Los Angeles or even New York and Chicago. Big business and high rises everywhere and a ton of technology based companies such as Google, Dell, and Samsung and GM. Young people make up this booming town. The only guy I saw wearing a Stetson was the Texas Ranger that was staying at the hotel.
South Congress Av is where the capital is at and it has all manner of stores and bars, restaurants, and other tourist traps. One place that was there and a mile and a half or so from the Capital itself is a meat packing house and deer and hog processing facility. It seemed very, very out of place. I could smell the place well before I could see it. I took a picture of me by the place and a picture of the Capital from the street by the place. I took a picture of the price sheet to show you what Texans pay for deer processing comparing what you pay for the same services. Lastly there is a picture of Don Jr and his mom at his apartment and some blooming prickly pear yellow roses.

My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recent Trip To Austin, Texas May 16, 2016 7:34 pm #6195

• bob
  • Thank you received: 725
Thank's for sharing that Don and congrats to your son!
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steelie Don

Recent Trip To Austin, Texas May 17, 2016 8:49 am #6196

• Tmik34
  • Thank you received: 1109
Looks like a neat city. Congrats to your son. I wish him the best of luck. Heck you now have a winter destination, where you can fish year round without freezing your bum off.
-Lady M- Sea Ray 290 Amberjack

Recent Trip To Austin, Texas May 17, 2016 8:59 am #6197

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1740
Looks like a real nice trip Don. A BIG CONGRATS to your son. Pictures looked pretty cool. :)
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

• Page: