Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Glad to be new member Sep 04, 2022 11:12 am #35768

• Fishing247
  • Fishing247's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi I'm Bryce, started fishing LM about 4 years ago for the smallies, but have found out what an awesome fishery the big lake is.  Last year I fished the EC harbor for some Kings and ran into the Angry Pirate, who was pulling his boat for the season and told me I needed to check out this site, so I finally did.  I work near Miller so I go out of EC or Portage a lot after work, assuming the weather is cooperating.  I'm not a tournament guy just love to take out my family and friends for a day on the water, drink a few beers, so if you see me pop up on a post asking a stupid question you'll at least know a little about the guy asking the question.  Thanks.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Glad to be new member Sep 04, 2022 1:10 pm #35769

• Tmik34
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1093
Welcome to the site, no question is a stupid question we were all there once trying to learn. Feel free to post or send some pms.
-Lady M- Sea Ray 290 Amberjack

Glad to be new member Sep 04, 2022 2:06 pm #35770

• bob
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 722
Glad to have you! Ask away 
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4

Glad to be new member Sep 04, 2022 6:11 pm #35771

• Trent
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 9/12/1957
  • Thank you received: 347
Hi Bryce! I joined this group a couple years ago and the members are great! People share information to help other be successful, something I haven't seen since I belonged to the Michiana Steelheaders in Mishawaka Indiana.

Theres never a dumb question! If you dont ask you'll never know and it's very possible that other might have the same questions.

Glad you finally checked it out?

Are you fishing from shore or a boat?

Glad to be new member Sep 05, 2022 4:38 pm #35773

• Dirty
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1682
Welcome aboard!  :)
Boatless!

Glad to be new member Sep 06, 2022 7:58 am #35775

• Fishing247
  • Fishing247's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I've got a 17.5' Crestliner, so I definitely have to watch the wind forecast.  I have yet to catch a king so that's what I'm hoping to do.  On my boat i have (2) downriggers, I've got dipseys and snap weights, non of which i know how to use real well.  I dont get a lot of time to fish the weekends now, i have 3 teenage boys that all play HS & college football.  I'm hoping to get out after work this week and try for some kings, I'm close to Portage so thats probally where i would put in.  So what depth and general area should i go to?  I see some chatter about areas like R6 or R4, what is that in reference too?       

Glad to be new member Sep 06, 2022 9:46 am #35777

• Dirty
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1682
just basically circle from the mouth of burns ditch to the #4.  The #4 is the corner of the rock wall at burns harbor.  As you exit the ditch, the #4 a mile northeast.  Generally speaking work 35-55 feet of water, baits usually in the lower half, maybe lower third of the water column.
Boatless!

Glad to be new member Sep 06, 2022 4:46 pm #35786

• Whaletale
  • Thank you received: 46
Thanks Dirty.  Wondered what the#4 referred to.  Working ne from  that point recently with riggers down 40' and turned e to soon and got riggers hung up in 20fow.  Managed to retrieve but was a real pita.  Maybe some day I'll figure this salmon fishing out,  but it's always fun to be on the lake.

Glad to be new member Sep 07, 2022 6:48 am #35787

• Start Paddling
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 293
You probably got hung up on the underwater reef running East to West in front of the port. I usually stay +100 yds North of the breakwall for that reason.  Will jump from 42 to 18 real quick.

• Page: