• Page:

TOPIC:

New Starting Battery Apr 21, 2017 10:14 pm #13534

• Birddogs
  • Birddogs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 52
I'm looking to replace my current starting battery. It is an old DieHard PM-1 Group Size 31. I've got 2 Interstate size 27 Deep Cycles that run my current 24v trolling motor and various other electronic accessories. The starting battery will be for the main motor and kicker as well as the fish finders on the boat. The issue is, Mercury recommends a non-deep cycle minimum 800 CCA, 1000 MCA, 180 Ah battery for my 150 OptiMax. I also want to make sure I've got enough "juice" to run my electronics all day if not running either the main or kicker motor. The current DieHard battery is rated at 1150 CCA with 205 Reserve Capacity. None of the Interstate or Optima batteries I've found come close to this. I've looked at possibly buying a Odyssey Extreme AGM size31 but it's also "Extremely" high priced. Any thoughts or help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Nick
2006 Lund Sport Angler 2000
“Dutch Mafia”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Starting Battery Apr 21, 2017 10:33 pm #13535

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1683
I have the same Opti requirements as you do. I have 4 of the below in my boat now. 3 on the trolling motor and 1 on the main. So far they have been flawless (1 year).

www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-agm-deep-...tmagm/prod3590232.ip

If you dont have a membership, come out have a beer and I will take you there. Spec's vs. cost they are hard to beat.
Boatless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birddogs

New Starting Battery Apr 22, 2017 4:49 am #13537

• Birddogs
  • Birddogs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 52
Thanks Jeff. I'll certainly look into those as. Looks like they may fit the bill and are half the cost of the Odyssey batteries.
2006 Lund Sport Angler 2000
“Dutch Mafia”

• Page: