Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

LOWRANCE FISH FINDER PROBLEM Jul 12, 2017 12:34 pm #15369

• Beerman
  • Beerman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 21
I have a Lowrance LCX-112C fish finder that isn't working all of a sudden. It powers up but never "logs in" per say. It just shuts off about 30-45 seconds after powering up.

I have called Lowrance and they were no help. They told me the unit was too old???
So I did my own trouble shooting and got a few tips from different forums on related problems. I checked all the wiring, fuses, cables, all the components are good. I even took my smaller bow mounted 527 and plug it into the same cables and components and that one works fine.

So I'm 99.9% sure the problem is internal on the unit.

Any tips, recommendations, places to have it checked out. It has been a great fish finder up until now, it cost lot of money new and I'm not ready to give up on it yet.
"BAKK IN A FEW"

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LOWRANCE FISH FINDER PROBLEM Jul 12, 2017 1:03 pm #15370

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1683
It is definitely internal to the unit. Those finders are tightly sealed and I am guessing conformally coated. If Lowrance told you your hosed, its because your likely hosed. If there is someone out there that can fix it, then it would likely be very expensive. Probablby better to just get a new unit to be honest :(

How old is it?
Boatless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beerman

LOWRANCE FISH FINDER PROBLEM Jul 12, 2017 1:24 pm #15372

• Beerman
  • Beerman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 21
Its about 8-9 years old. It was the latest and greatest on the market when it was purchased. Came with my boat that I bought off a friend. He put it on brand new when he got the boat. Retailed at $2200 when he got it.
I know these things are basically computers and 8-9 years is a long time for a computer to last, especially because of the environmental exposure. But like I said, I want to make all efforts before I give up on it. To replace it with a similar model is more than I can afford right now.
"BAKK IN A FEW"

LOWRANCE FISH FINDER PROBLEM Jul 12, 2017 7:45 pm #15382

• honda cat
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 222
check to see if the auto dimming is causing the problem
usually in the garage of some where there is no light turn it on if you can now see the screen go into menu and turn off auto dimming feature
Frank Martin
USCG Captain - 50 Ton Master
Great Lakes Inland Waterways
Near shore Salt water
Towing assist
owner Calumet Marine .com

• Page: