• Page:

TOPIC:

fishing starts at home Dec 07, 2017 7:13 am #17095

• honda cat
  • honda cat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 222
Fishing on the Great Lakes a puzzle just waiting to be solved. I’ve spent many days and nights fishing on Lake Michigan and always learned something. Some days I came back satisfied with my effort - and with a few fish in the box. Other days I come back humbled, with my tail dragging. No two days are the same on the Great Lakes. Maybe that’s why I enjoy it so much.
Tip of the Week: Modern electronics can tip the scales in your favor when chasing salmon and lakers on Lake Michigan. There are thousands of square miles for these fish to hide and the right tools can make a dramatic difference. Modern boat builders put one-size-fits-all equipment on new boats these days. Standard electronics helps their profit margin but there are so many options that are better suited to the Great Lakes. One such tool is a probe that will relay the speed and temperature of your lure – in real time! Call us for more advice on how to customize the electronics on your boat for success!
Captain Frank Martin
Owner – Calumet Marine
www.calumetmarine.com
“Work Hard – Play Smart”

Fishing on the Great Lakes a puzzle just waiting to be solved. I’ve spent many days and nights fishing on Lake Michigan and always learned something. Some days I came back satisfied with my effort - and with a few fish in the box. Other days I came back humbled with my tail dragging. No two days are the same on the Great Lakes. Maybe that’s why I enjoy it so much.
Tip of the Week: Preparation is key to a good day on the water. Spend a little time before you head out on the water to check your fluids, battery charge level, and air pressure on the trailer tires. Give a shot of grease to the wheel bearings – you’ll be glad you did. Nothing ruins a good day of fishing faster than a preventable accident.
Captain Frank Martin
Owner – Calumet Marine
www.calumetmarine.com
“Work Hard – Play Smart”
Frank Martin
USCG Captain - 50 Ton Master
Great Lakes Inland Waterways
Near shore Salt water
Towing assist
owner Calumet Marine .com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: