Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Terminal rigging for Downrigger? Maybe replace Cable? Jun 26, 2019 10:29 pm #24426

• drjdrew
  • drjdrew's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 363
So, one of my downrigger cables parted off right at the termination clamp. This was on a Big Jon Sportsman that came with the boat when I acquired it. I was looking on the Big Jon website and I didn't see the full termination package (swivel, band hook, ball swivel) so I'm going to have to upgrade/replace with something different.

I've really started to like using rubber bands so I'm planning on re-rigging to support that. Does anyone have suggestions or ideas on best setup or supplies? I'm thinking I should at least cut off the last few feet of cable on both 'riggers and re-terminate. Any recommendations for just replacing the whole spool?

Thanks,

J-
1982 Alumacraft T-16XL
1995 ProLine 170 Sportsman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Terminal rigging for Downrigger? Maybe replace Cable? Jul 02, 2019 6:16 am #24523

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1740
check you personal messages
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

Terminal rigging for Downrigger? Maybe replace Cable? Jul 02, 2019 6:26 am #24524

• willbill219
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 194
Just had the same thing happen to us not that long ago at the classic, of course it was are probe side rigger and the first day the probe had ever been put in the water. Bass pro stocks a replacement for them back by where they have the cannon balls and all that stuff. Think they are 10 or 20 bucks. From now on we’re going to pull them off and make a new termination at the start of every year!! Lol
“TANGLED MESS”

2016 Crestliner Authority 2050

• Page: