• Page:

TOPIC:

Not to good today 4/17 Apr 17, 2015 9:32 pm #1065

• Poorboy
  • Poorboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Started fishing in the 48' hole just in front of the light about 9am. With the light 5mph wind we drifted around barely moving watching the graph and we marked one pod of fish and my buddy pulled a nice 13" female. Hit the spot lock thinking it was game on as we sat on top of them for several minutes but never pulled another fish. Moved to the next coordinate and instantly was marking again....bam another fish! Sat on them without another bump. Pretty much all day we fished each spot about 20 minutes and moved. Checked way out to numbers in the 55fow and would mark small pods but we never caught anymore fish. Fishing for me and my sidekick was pretty slow to non existent.

By this time last year we were pounding 2 or 3 man limits in a couple of hours. Not much fish out in the community hole from what I've seen today. From what I seen it didn't look like to many fish were caught and there was a lot of boats out on this beautiful day!
I am thee Original Perch King ......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Poorboy.

Not to good today 4/17 Apr 18, 2015 7:06 am #1067

• Dirty
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1683
I wonder why it has generally been so slow out there. Hopefully it picks up, seems too early to be over.

Thanks for the report.
Boatless!

Not to good today 4/17 Apr 18, 2015 12:22 pm #1072

• southshore
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 471
You guys are making out better than I am this spring. I just can't seem to line up a day off with weather that is any where near conducive to perching. The couple trips I've gotten in have just been spent driving around staring at my locator. Deffintely seems like there has been fewer fish and the last couple years.

Not to good today 4/17 Apr 18, 2015 8:28 pm #1095

• BigEdV
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Winter Maintenance
  • Thank you received: 361

I wonder why it has generally been so slow out there. Hopefully it picks up, seems too early to be over.

Thanks for the report.

I got a new boat and am starting Lake Michigan fishing - figures the fishing would be bad when I am just trying to start and get into the game - LOL
-Eddo-

2014 Alumacraft competitor 175 aka "The Geek Squad"

Not to good today 4/17 Apr 19, 2015 11:17 am #1112

• Poorboy
  • Poorboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 42

Thanks for the report.

I got a new boat and am starting Lake Michigan fishing - figures the fishing would be bad when I am just trying to start and get into the game - LOL

Just because people post hey had a uneventful day doesn't mean others didn't. I'm sure guys are getting some fish but they just read these posts to take in some free info but never share or give back a report. There's fish out there Ed but myself and others I know just haven't found the mother load. Go out there and give it a shot ya never know you may find them Perch and fill the livewell.

Poorboy
I am thee Original Perch King ......

Not to good today 4/17 Apr 19, 2015 12:28 pm #1114

• Dirty
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I couldnt agree more. I know of some boats that limited yesterday, and quite a large number that mostly struck out. Wish I could have made it out - just too much on the honey do list after being out of town all week.
Boatless!

Not to good today 4/17 Apr 19, 2015 7:07 pm #1120

• Killshot
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 31
Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you. I've gone from feast to famine fishing the same spot two days in a row. Eventually, it averages out and is worth the effort.

Not to good today 4/17 Apr 21, 2015 8:16 pm #1146

• BigEdV
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Winter Maintenance
  • Thank you received: 361
Actually my comment was tongue in cheek (although it does seem I get into something just as it is dying out). Actually I have not done great yet but I have not been totally skunked yet (well skunked as far as keepers but I have caught each time out). I have not tried the perch yet (I know this is the perch forum) but it will be coming soon hopefully. I do appreciate everyones reports and info - it helps us newbies a ton.
-Eddo-

2014 Alumacraft competitor 175 aka "The Geek Squad"

Not to good today 4/17 Apr 21, 2015 10:30 pm #1149

• Dirty
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I think your going to do just great in the long run. If you are willing to accept failure and learn from it, and study why.....you will do great. If it weren't for a lot of these guys that post on these forums, I would have a much longer learning curve (and frustration) - so I appreciate them all to the Nth degree. After all I am just a newbie on this lake (for all practical purposes) but damn if I don't enjoy the hell out of every moment of it.

Now if only we could get more guys to post on their success and failures, as well as ask questions that they are too shy to ask.....I was once one of those guys - afraid to post because I was intimidated by others success and my lack thereof. Once I swallowed my pride and began to interact..........I learned soooo much and still do everyday. There is such a wealth of knowledge on here, and quite a number of guys are willing to share that knowledge given the opportunity.
Boatless!

Last edit: by Dirty.
  • Page: