• Page:

TOPIC:

Perch bite Jul 29, 2019 9:45 am #24786

• Wallin
  • Wallin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 266
Fished west of Mich City yesterday, found and caught lots of fish but mostly dinks.
We found a few nicer fish in 29 to 30 ft in the Black ditch area. Late morning bite
for us. I kept 6 fish 9 inchs or better, no bigger fish but produced some nice fillets.
Lots of dinks for sure. Fat heads and crappie minnows is what I use, very light bite for most.
Tom

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: TAKIN IT EZ, Plane to Sea, Sundevil, Pikesmith, badredram, kingme, Fish head, CaptMike, scoffer, edac, Perchjerk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Perch bite Jul 29, 2019 10:52 am #24788

• southshore
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 471
We had good fishing between the donut and state park this weekend. 35-40fow was our sweet zone. Baby roaches were better than fatheads. Plain hooks were waaaaay better than flies. I got a couple perchon jigging spoons, but the sheep head were just all over the spoons every time I put on down I’d have a sheep head within 4 or 5 casts. I never tried shrimp or softshells or spinners. I had a buddy out Sunday in a separate boat and he said they got fish shallows late morning at the mouth of the ditch. Good sized fish for us, especially Sunday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plane to Sea, Pikesmith, MC_angler, Wallin, Ltrain, Perchjerk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: