Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Buffalo - 7/10 (Sunday) Jul 11, 2022 5:50 pm #35346

• BobRuffTruth
  • BobRuffTruth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Gave things a try on Sunday in New Buffalo.  Not a lot going on.  We launched around 10am and stayed out until 5pm.  There were a lot of boats.  We saw a few people catching 1 or 2 perch here and there, but no one was killing them.  I was marking schools of fish occasionally, but they just wouldn't bite on anything.  We eventually caught a total of 6 perch, with only one over 12".  Each one came by itself.  We never had a run of fish.  We'd catch a perch.  An hour would go buy, then catch another.  We got to chatting with the one boat that was consistently pulling in fish.  They were nice guys and offered their spot to us, when they left.  Turns out they were sitting on top of some structure.  They also shared a piece of advice as they trolled away, so I'll pass it on here.  They told us to cut our minnows in half and use just the heads on our flies.  We caught about 50 fish in the next hour.  Two of them were perch and the rest were gobies.  But apparently that's what they were doing, and we saw them bring in a dozen or more jumbos earlier in the day between the gobies.  Hopefully things pick up next week. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmik34, Pikesmith, Wallin, bobejr, Lund

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Buffalo - 7/10 (Sunday) Jul 11, 2022 8:24 pm #35348

• Tmik34
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1107
Good tip Bob thank you i never heard of that.
-Lady M- Sea Ray 290 Amberjack

New Buffalo - 7/10 (Sunday) Jul 11, 2022 9:40 pm #35349

• go4bigfish
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 422
I fished in NB Sunday afternoon-evening and had the same results. No real groups of fish, and the ones I caught were all dinks and went back in the lake. Lots of boat traffic so I motored southwest and drifted some. Now I'm running an aerator in a cooler full of minnows that are too expensive to pitch anymore - hopefully I can use them in the next few days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pikesmith

New Buffalo - 7/10 (Sunday) Jul 14, 2022 7:50 pm #35357

• Trent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 9/12/1957
  • Thank you received: 351
Thanks for the report

New Buffalo - 7/10 (Sunday) Jul 16, 2022 6:41 am #35369

• Joek
  • Thank you received: 4
Tried yesterday (Friday) at NB. Drifted from 20-45 feet twice.   Marked few and caught 2 before rains sent us in. A bust.  Now babysitting 6 dozen minnows. 

New Buffalo - 7/10 (Sunday) Jul 16, 2022 9:19 am #35372

• go4bigfish
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 422
My minnows are still kickin' from last weekend - big cooler in garage, cheap aquarium aerator, change water daily and provide some cover - a few PVC fittings to hide in helps keep them calm, although would much rather feed them to perch...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wallin

• Page: