• Page:

TOPIC:

Time to get back into the game .... Apr 18, 2016 4:04 am #5806

• Poorboy
  • Poorboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Stayed away from the big lake for a few days to get caught up on a few things around the house and I didn't want to deal with the heavy weekend boat traffic. Heard alot of reports of some perch being caught so it's back to work out on the water this Monday morning and planning another 5 day stretch as long as the winds are favorable.

Anyone else care to share any info on the Perch bite from the past weekend?

Poorboy
I am thee Original Perch King ......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to get back into the game .... Apr 18, 2016 1:53 pm #5813

• southshore
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 471
What I saw conditions wise on Friday was pretty ugly in terms of water clarity, could barely see the prop in most of the areas we fished out of EC. But, the calendar is saying it's times and water temps on the surface were already in the upper 40's and that was before this warm weather really set in. Getting a new GPS and locator installed in the morning, hoping to be out using it to dial in some bandits by the end of the week. I'm really pumped about the maps on this Garmin and interested to see how Chirp and Down/Side scan work out for looking for fish. Hopefully the weather stays favorable.

Time to get back into the game .... Apr 18, 2016 8:31 pm #5823

• Poorboy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Water clarity wasn't to bad today and the water temps were all over the place from 44-to 51*. I bounced around all day and only marked one nice pod of Perch tight to the bottom but never got a Perch in the boat today. I did mange to catch about a 16" Laker. There about about 15 boats bouncing around and I never seen a fish pulled up,

Poorboy

Time to get back into the game .... Apr 18, 2016 10:10 pm #5827

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1684
I pulled 6 in about an hour and a half - then it was game over with the wind switch. Need more south winds.
Boatless!

Time to get back into the game .... Apr 19, 2016 8:08 am #5838

• OneMoreTime
  • Thank you received: 9
Same here Dirty, half a dozen Monday morning, wind died and so did the bite.
251 Proline. 7.4 litre. Bravo III

Time to get back into the game .... Apr 19, 2016 8:13 am #5839

• rokoszm
  • Thank you received: 21
There were about a dozen boats in about 50 FOW outside of the ditch anchored I saw when I drove by to head out deep. Something must be going happening with some perching!

Time to get back into the game .... Apr 19, 2016 4:04 pm #5845

• Poorboy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

There were about a dozen boats in about 50 FOW outside of the ditch anchored I saw when I drove by to head out deep. Something must be going happening with some perching!

99% of the time one boat will anchor and then another 40 or 50 boats will leech on him assuming he his sitting on a hot spot. Not sure but usually thats the scenario out there. Some of the leeches might even do more harm than good by trying to anchor in 50fow with a light anchor and only 50' of rope and dredge the bottom as they drift right by ya leaving a big plume of silt behind them....seeing that quite often. I had a guy yesterday pull up about 10' away from me and drop lines and then he says to me "It looks like you know what your doing so I figured I'd fish next you" ....I was like ya I'm really pounding them as I lift out my trolling motor and buzzed away from him ...

Last edit: by Poorboy.
  • Page: