TOPIC:

Nicknames and locations May 02, 2015 8:18 pm #1273

• BigEdV
  • BigEdV's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Winter Maintenance
  • Thank you received: 361
For us newbies it would be nice to have a "dictionary" of sorts that listed the nick names for different places and where they are located. Guys who have been doing this a while know where these places are and refer to them but us new guys have to dig around to figure out where you are talking about. Just think it would be a nice resource (if I am overlooking it and it is already there - I apologize in advance.
-Eddo-

2014 Alumacraft competitor 175 aka "The Geek Squad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nicknames and locations May 03, 2015 7:31 am #1278

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1682
Hey Ed - If you go to the sites main menu. Go to Resources and click on "Topo Map |POI|Bait. Most everythign should be on the map. Specifically, Points of interest - they are the green dots. click them and you will get the name etc. Most things should be there. If anyone notices anything to be added, please let me know.

You can also disable / enable any of the categories on that map with the legend in the lower right corner.
Boatless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigEdV

Nicknames and locations May 14, 2015 8:02 am #1420

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1740
Nicknames and locations, over the years with so much tech changes, its pretty hard to hide from others if that is what you want.

In the old days, some of us had our own lingo so to say. A way to communicate were your at without giving away the store.
Many of the friends and captains I fished with are no longer with us. So I don' think they will mind if I pass on a special little spot.
If you ever here me talking on the radio to another boat and I say," I'm in 45ft. off were the raccoon crawled in the pipe"
would you know were i am at?
When the Bailey Nipsco plant was being built, I had a friend and charter captain that was on the construction crew. All worked stopped one day during the build because- you guessed it a raccoon had made its way into one of the big pipes over night and wasn't coming out. With the crew stopping all work to concentrate on getting that rascally fella out of the pipe and the money that it cost for loss of production, it soon became a special spot used by close friends to ID location. I'M WERE THE RACCOON CRAWLED IN THE PIPE!
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

Nicknames and locations May 14, 2015 9:17 am #1422

• bob
  • Thank you received: 722
That's a great story Ed.
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4

• Page: