Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

5/17 Weekend report May 18, 2015 10:52 am #1507

• tortugabuzz
  • tortugabuzz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10
Wife wanted to go to lake for the weekend and even better wanted to stay on the boat. I don't pass up those opportunities, but she gets bored quickly if we do fish. She likes perching though, but since I thought weather may be a concern Saturday I didn't go get any bait and didn't really see anybody out perching.

Did manage to get about 3 hours of fishing in Sat and Sunday mornings. Fished mostly around the port in 40-50 fow on Saturday and caught one king and lost 1 other fish. Most of the guys were farther east of me, but it sounded slow for most of them too. Sounded like a couple boats did better out in the 60-65 fow range. The #4 sounded better on Saturday and maybe later in the day, but not much happening there on Sunday. I started there on Sunday with a couple other boats and I stayed there because of time constraints. The primary others vacated after a few passes and two were boats that did decent there on Saturday. I managed a couple coho, lost another and had a couple rigger releases with nobody home. Not bad for a few hours, but sounded like buddies to the east were doing a little better. Carmel dolphin was best for me. Took one on orange dodger, green fly.

Forgot to check the king.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5/17 Weekend report May 18, 2015 11:01 am #1508

• tortugabuzz
  • tortugabuzz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10
Actually, thinking back to cleaning it last night it was wild. Added to the poll.

5/17 Weekend report May 18, 2015 3:03 pm #1515

• bob
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 728
Thanks for the report Gregg.
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4

5/17 Weekend report May 18, 2015 5:36 pm #1518

• Tmik34
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1133
Thanks for adding it to the poll!
-Lady M- Sea Ray 290 Amberjack

• Page: