Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

3/18 1st timer Mar 22, 2018 9:39 am #18226

• netminder34
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 104
This time of year you need to cover water and figure out where they are concentrated. Over the next few weeks the temps will start to rise and fish will go deeper but with pretty consistant temps top to bottom they may be any depth as we did catch a few in the 20-25ft range but most were 15 and above. Spread things out and let the fish tell you were you need to concentrate your efforts.
Jeff
17' Smokercraft "Kings Ransom 2.0"
The following user(s) said Thank You: G3 angler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3/18 1st timer Mar 22, 2018 5:38 pm #18234

• BigEdV
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Winter Maintenance
  • Thank you received: 361
Another big factor in Salmon fishing is speed. We used to stay under 2 MPH but noticed a lot of reports showing over 2 with nothing below. We were running 2.4 to 2.6 MPH on the GPS and that seemed the best speed (we did very some out side of that but with no success). There are a ton of variables from Lure, color, depth, speed, water temp and the list goes on and on. Another thing I have learned in the last 3 years is don't over think it.

Also its too late for this year but Capt.Ralph Steiger puts on a Salmon fishing seminar every spring. I went last year and it was really informative. Also if you have any questions - ask here. The Southend is a great resource. I also suggest looking back at the spring 2017 posts and see what people were doing - it does not change that much from year to year for the Coho.
-Eddo-

2014 Alumacraft competitor 175 aka "The Geek Squad"

Last edit: by BigEdV.

3/18 1st timer Mar 23, 2018 10:18 am #18242

• netminder34
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 104
I think there are seminars this weekend at Cabela's. According to the flyer I saw yesterday anyway.
Jeff
17' Smokercraft "Kings Ransom 2.0"

• Page: