Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Buffalo Info May 21, 2015 6:12 am #1540

• motownhound
  • motownhound's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 19
Anyone been out of New Buffalo lately? I'm heading over there this weekend and was hoping for some general info on where to find some silver action. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Buffalo Info May 21, 2015 11:14 am #1541

• Thank you received: 12
I know that kings were found early in the day this past weekend in the 55 to 65 foot range in waters between new Buffalo Michigan city. Coho's in the 45 to 55 foot range. Hope that gives you a start
38 Commander
Nauti Lady

New Buffalo Info May 22, 2015 6:01 am #1547

• motownhound
Thanks!

New Buffalo Info May 26, 2015 6:35 am #1610

• motownhound
Went out Saturday morning, 260 out of pier heads. Set-up in 55 FOW and trolled W - SW to 90 ft. Nothing on the way out, turned and pulled a small king the way back in, 65 FOW, came on a planer, 6 color, with stinger green dot glow. It sounded pretty slow on the radio, but shallow might have been the ticket. We didn't mark many fish. We then went out Saturday night for the inaugural S&S cruise (Sunset and Salmon - great way to talk the wife into letting me fish twice in the same day:)). Went 330 out of pier heads, set-up in 50ft and trolled out to 80. Marked several fish in 60-65 FOW, decided to turn around at 80 FOW and pulled a nice king (10lbs) in 67 FOW on the same spoon we caught the small king in the morning, but this time on a rigger set 40 back and 33 ft down. Nothing else was happening for us. Sunset was beautiful by the way. Went out again Sunday morning, and set-up in the same area from the night before. Marked several fish, went 1 for 3, a small king we threw back also on the stinger green dot glow on the planer, 6 color. We also had a screamer on for about a minute before breaking my knot at the flasher. This big guy was on a rigger, set 40 back, and 33 ft down. Had a e-chip flasher, white with flasher tape, and green fly on 22" leader. We just couldn't seem to find the fish all weekend, we were either shallow and they were deep or we were deep and they were shallow. Heard a couple boats went deep (200 FOW) and did pretty well on a mixed bag. Safe travels everyone.

New Buffalo Info May 26, 2015 8:28 am #1611

• bob
  • Thank you received: 723
At least you had some action. Thanks for the report.
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4

• Page: