• Page:

TOPIC:

TEAM KICK'R East Chicago, IN 6/17pm Jun 18, 2015 11:05 pm #1895

• Kickr
  • Kickr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 121
We had heard of good action last weekend out by the gong so we decided to set up there. We set lines in 45fow at 5:30pm west of the gong and got a coho on the setup. We trolled around the gong in 45-52fow until 8:45pm when we pulled lines. We ended up 5-7 running 6 rods dodgers and flies took all fish but 1 . We had 4 coho and a steely we lost a nice silver fish that came unbuttoned. The riggers where best down 25 and 30 only. We are going to try to get out again tomorrow afternoon as long as the wind decides to cooperate. We marked a ton of fish and bait hopefully they stick around for a little while.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TEAM KICK'R East Chicago, IN 6/17pm Jun 19, 2015 5:26 am #1896

• bob
  • Thank you received: 728
Nice job. Good to hear of the steelhead in the mix.
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4

TEAM KICK'R East Chicago, IN 6/17pm Jun 19, 2015 1:50 pm #1898

• pardytime58
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Kickr what settings do u use on your lowrance? 455 or 800 i have trouble marking fish with mine its a elite 5 dsi

TEAM KICK'R East Chicago, IN 6/17pm Jun 19, 2015 2:49 pm #1899

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1686
455 kHz and 800 kHz are for down imaging. Down imaging is best for finding structure.....and perch ;). For this I always use 800.

200 kHz & 83 kHz are best served for "fish finding" and on a lowrance is a different screen/page than down imaging. If your looking for fish, dont use down imaging. The sonar cone is more like a slice instead of a cone and any fish you do happen mark are generally hard to see.

The higher the frequency, the narrower the sonar cone and higher resolution. I almost always keep my finder on 83 kHz as I want the sonar cone as big as possible. The more fish I can see, the better I can determine the depth of my presentations.

Sometimes I will run a split screen of 200/83. This allows me to see wide, but also have the narrower cone of 200 to see what is pretty much directly under the boat.
Boatless!

Last edit: by Dirty.

TEAM KICK'R East Chicago, IN 6/17pm Jun 19, 2015 3:15 pm #1900

• Kickr
  • Kickr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 121

Kickr what settings do u use on your lowrance? 455 or 800 i have trouble marking fish with mine its a elite 5 dsi

200khz

TEAM KICK'R East Chicago, IN 6/17pm Jun 19, 2015 7:46 pm #1902

• pardytime58
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Thanks guys for the info. I don't think my finder has that low of a setting its a dsi . Im going out to see. I just bought the wrong unit lesson learned. Yep 455 is the lowest setting just going to have to buy a finder only and turn off the sonar and just use it a a gps i like that part of it

Last edit: by pardytime58.

TEAM KICK'R East Chicago, IN 6/17pm Jun 19, 2015 10:41 pm #1903

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1686
That sucks :( I didnt even realize they made just DSI units without normal sonar. I can see that DSI unit benifitting the bass fisherman and thats about it. Well if you get the opportunity, get an HDS unit - it will have both, and 2 different transducers.

And since you only have down imaging, leave it on 455, it will give you a bit more coverage. Turn up the sensitivity and contrast - it will help a tad.
Boatless!

Last edit: by Dirty.
  • Page: