Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

6/20-6/21 Weekend Report Jun 22, 2015 8:27 am #1954

• tortugabuzz
  • tortugabuzz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10
Fished just east of the gong a couple miles the whole weekend. Just my buddy and I, so just 6 rods this trip. Didn't mark any bait in our area. Sounded like action was a little better out in the wreck area somewhere, but we never ventured over that far so no idea really where from the wreck. We fished 50-60 fow. Fished a long day Sat. Left the dock a little later than planned around at around 5:45 - 6 @ Portage, so probably 6:45 or so before we set lines. Finished 10/14 with 1 steelie and 9 coho pullling lines somewhere around 3. We have a new counting system on board now as of Sunday since we spent 90 minutes looking for our last fish Sat that we didn't need. Good thing we never found it.

Fished pretty much the same stuff as other guys. One thing would be hot a little bit and then it would be something else. Wire dipsey poles were first set back 50 and 69. One with big clown dodger and peanut fly, one 00 orange dodger peanut fly. Copper/black, purple/black, b/g/agua peanuts all took fish on the weekend. Big b/g/aqua also took a fish on the clown Sunday. Main line rigger with RV series Happee Meal took a couple fish set at 50, slider on that pole took a couple with dirty white boy. Other rigger took some fish at 25-34, 1 monkey puke slider, couple orange 00 dodger peanut fly. 90 copper took last 3 fish Sat with Brad's thin fish red artie, not a sniff Sunday. 125 copper, globerry spoon took 1 fish Sunday. Couldn't get 2 or 4 color to do anything all weekend.

Mix of that same program Sunday ending up 5/10 fishing from lines in about 5:45 to lines out about 11:30 or so. Lot of short strike Sunday, only lost one on the way to the boat.

Netminder will probably put up his own report from Sunday, but he moved over just outside us about a mile in 60- 65 fow after a couple hours and his hit rate was pretty good for the last 3 hours ending up with 9 fish in the box. 150 copper was one his better rods.

Good luck, be a few weekends before I get up again with vacation in Gulf Shores next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 153

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6/20-6/21 Weekend Report Jun 22, 2015 10:46 am #1957

• bob
  • Thank you received: 728
Thanks for the report.
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4

6/20-6/21 Weekend Report Jun 23, 2015 8:25 am #1982

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1686
Once last year i spent 4 hours trying to get that 10th fish and never did. Got home and we had 10 on the table....lol :angry:
Boatless!

• Page: