• Page:

TOPIC:

EC June 30 Jun 30, 2015 4:53 pm #2088

• BNature
  • BNature's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1396
Another terrific day on the lake. Waves 1 to 3 inches most of the morning. Not too hot. No ankle flies and plenty of fish to play with. Ran a nine rod spread with only one rod failing to get a bite. Best was a SWR (2-color) with a small orange dodger and three-inch aqua/gold fly. Ugly but effective. Ran it down 34 feet. Caught one laker - subpar, one skinny steelhead, must have barely survived the spawn, meat as white as a walleye, one small hatchery king, all the rest of the fish were cohos. Could be some mega-hos showing up next month (10 pounds or better). Set down in 50 feet @ 46.5 X 22.5, headed north and was almost to 51 N before I had the chance to turn around and head back south. My bite was all dodger/fly, others reported more on spoons. I only had one spoon out and it did catch a fish. 30 to 40 down seems to be the magic depth. Ran three long lines, a 6 color, 100 copper and 150 copper, all with small dodgers/ 3-inch flies, all had multiple bites. Laker came on a Mixed Veggie Spin Doctor/Mirage fly 100 feet out on a wire diver. I've been using Action Flasher (bent) dodgers and mini-flodger-dodgers last few trips. Don't know if they are the key to success. I have caught some on flat, Jensen dodgers, as well. Mini-flodgers have been my go-to the last several years. Made by Michigan Stinger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BNature. Reason: mis-info

EC June 30 Jun 30, 2015 5:19 pm #2090

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1686
Sounds like a great day! Sounds like the action has been great out there.

You guys marking alot of bait over there?
Boatless!

Last edit: by Dirty.

EC June 30 Jun 30, 2015 5:35 pm #2091

• bob
  • Thank you received: 728
Great job Mike. Thanks for the report.
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4

EC June 30 Jul 05, 2015 10:24 am #2176

• Bull
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 80
Awesome day, thanks for sharing.

• Page: