• Page:

TOPIC:

FISH SCATTERED Jun 06, 2019 5:12 am #24219

• BNature
  • BNature's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1385
It happens every year and it's happened now. Think about it - salmon aren't "school" fish like tuna and others that live, thrive in distinct schools. Rather, they react to two main things - food and water temperature. If food and temp is right and it draws one fish to an area, chances are there's another in the same area.
Right now, there's food available from the beach to goodness knows how far out - at least to the state line. Also, there's good water temps from nearshore to offshore areas. So where are the fish - everywhere.
The good news, if you want to catch a few fish, you can't go wrong in where to fish. If you want to catch a lot of fish - good luck! The fish are scattered. Draw an 8 mile circle from Portage and I've been there this week. No bad spots, no good spots. I've caught salmon from 45 feet of water to the state line and lakers from 60 feet of water to the line. No big numbers or quick action, however.
For you nearshore guys - time and temperature is right for Skamanias to start showing nearshore. Probably not many as I'd guess some are already heading upstream as soon as they show up in the shallows. Good luck this weekend!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plane to Sea, BigEdV, dogsbestfriend, Sundevil, Pikesmith, EAGLE EYE, Paul_L, badredram, kingme, little bill, Weakfish, drjdrew, bobejr, WattzUp, Jackko, Grateful Phisher, Start Paddling, MCYaker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FISH SCATTERED Jun 06, 2019 12:04 pm #24223

• drjdrew
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 363
I'll second that. Didn't go as far as the state line, but from Gary to MC 30' to 60', I've probably covered it in the last week and a half. Bait is pretty much everywhere and the fishing is slower. They're everywhere and they're not overly picky from my experience. Dodger/Fly combos, spoons, crankbaits all seemed to do well enough. Depth was also all over the place in the bottom 2/3 of the water column.
1982 Alumacraft T-16XL
1995 ProLine 170 Sportsman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plane to Sea, Sundevil, Pikesmith, badredram, Weakfish, Start Paddling

FISH SCATTERED Jun 06, 2019 2:19 pm #24224

• Ronaldok1
  • Thank you received: 22
went 5 for 7 out of MC this morning 30ft of water. blue or blue/green peanut fly's, one on mag spoon "green ladder back"

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty, Plane to Sea, go4bigfish, DAYOFF, Pikesmith, EAGLE EYE, badredram, Webster3, Fish head, little bill, Weakfish, drjdrew, bobejr, Grateful Phisher

Last edit: by Ronaldok1.

FISH SCATTERED Jun 06, 2019 3:36 pm #24225

• bob
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 720
Very nice! Thanks for the report.
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4

FISH SCATTERED Jun 08, 2019 5:13 pm #24237

• badredram
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 236
Thanks for the details guys. Most appreciated.
>2014 Alumacraft Dominator 185 Black/White - "Tin Star"

• Page: