• Page:

TOPIC:

Portage 6/16 Jun 17, 2019 12:14 pm #24315

• Stroke of Luck
  • Stroke of Luck's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 324
Hit the waters with buddy and my son about 6:30AM and set up in 41/05ish in 65' of water. 6 rod spread, 200 and 250' copper with spoons, small orange dodger/spin n glow/green fly on two outside riggers 35' and 40', Blue dolphin down 50' and Pickle down 45'. Spent the first hour trying to figure out where the tanker we heard on its way to the port was- never saw it with the fog but heard the horn! Fished northeast and about 9:30 they woke up. Went 10 for probably 20 (My son usually gets to the rod after about the 8th "Fish On"...." with everything but a brown trout. Laker released to the depths swimming strong. Wrapped up at noon and headed for the grill!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Plane to Sea, BigEdV, dogsbestfriend, badredram, Webster3, kingme, Weakfish, Stag, Ltrain, Ted Lundy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Portage 6/16 Jun 17, 2019 12:26 pm #24316

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1679
That damn tanker.....I heard the fog horn getting louder and louder, pushed the radar out a little farther then saw him - then he pretty much ran right up my ass lol. He was close enough that we could see him in the fog! We were in the same area just deeper and maybe a bit more west.

We ended up going 20 for 24 - all coho and lakers. Ran 150 to 300 coppers, dipsy at the thermocline and one deep, then staggered riggers. did not run any dodgers, just spoons except for the dipsies.
Boatless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plane to Sea, dogsbestfriend, badredram, Weakfish, Drezler

Portage 6/16 Jun 18, 2019 7:55 am #24331

• Jackko
  • Thank you received: 38
Sounds like you had a great day! Thanks for the info.

Portage 6/16 Jun 18, 2019 2:25 pm #24336

• bob
  • Thank you received: 719
Way to go Geoff and Jeff! lol
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4

• Page: