Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A newbie's pathetic plea for advice for September: Where should I fish? Sep 18, 2019 6:55 pm #25301

• grady1007
  • grady1007's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 54
I bought a boat for the lake last fall, but it wasn't operational until 1st of August for numerous reasons. I am out of East Chicago and missed the silver season. Family issues arose and i have yet to wet a line this year. I have this weekend and next to fish and have the boat on it's trailer. I have an Indiana license and trout stamp. I am willing to trailer to Michigan, Illinois or Wisconsin and buy one there. To the board, WHERE SHOULD I GO? I've got gear for anything.

Are there steelhead likely gathered somewhere in the lake, or are they up the rivers?
Any mature cohos likely to be found?
Any 3 year old salmon? Assuming it's the 4 year olds in the rivers. Would I find them in the summer spots?
Does it pay to cast the lake outside creek mouths for staging 4 year olds this late?
How about lakers, if nothing else. How deep?

I'll be solo, so I'd welcome anyone to join me. Not looking for honey holes, just a shot to troll with the boat a couple times before winter. Heck, I'd take a drum hotspot, they pull like crazy!

Thanks for any advice!
Grady 1007
2009 Polarcraft 1910
115 hp Honda
15 hp Honda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A newbie's pathetic plea for advice for September: Where should I fish? Sep 18, 2019 7:37 pm #25302

• EAGLE EYE
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
If it was me looking for salmon I’d target 4 yr olds and cohos id shoot up to kenosha harbor Milwaukee harbor or Port Washington cast or troll gaps in break walls river mouths mudlines and if ur lucky enough to hook a female king bleed it out n throw on some skein on a bobber and cast with other rod.... down here in Illinois or Indiana I flat out gave up if ya go up to Wisconsin n need more info pm me ur number

A newbie's pathetic plea for advice for September: Where should I fish? Sep 19, 2019 4:39 am #25305

• 73rr
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 107
I'm heading out thursday. Possibly friday as well. I'm actually going to give east Chicago a try and will probably switch it up to Lakers since my brother inlaw did decent fishing for them.

I went out of Waukegan the other week and it was a very disappointing trip. More lost gear then Mark's on the fish finder lol
The little red rocket! It's all the boat I need ;)

A newbie's pathetic plea for advice for September: Where should I fish? Sep 19, 2019 3:11 pm #25310

• irishesox
  • Thank you received: 25
Trolled from Gary lighthouse to the Gong yesterday without a bite
Should I have been out deeper ?

A newbie's pathetic plea for advice for September: Where should I fish? Sep 19, 2019 9:04 pm #25313

• 73rr
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 107
What u fishing for? From what I have been told and have done lately is just look for temp change and any kinda change in water color. (Muggy water and such). Bren bad out there but not a fat zero either
The little red rocket! It's all the boat I need ;)

A newbie's pathetic plea for advice for September: Where should I fish? Sep 20, 2019 9:44 am #25317

• grady1007
  • grady1007's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 54
Thanks! I am going to try Kenosha. Some coho will be great, a king caps the season in fine fashion.
Grady 1007
2009 Polarcraft 1910
115 hp Honda
15 hp Honda

• Page: