• Page:

TOPIC:

5/31 EC and Gary light Jun 01, 2020 5:08 pm #27957

• Ltrain
  • Ltrain's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 294
Set out about 10 am from Pastricks heading to the Gong, hoping to duplicate my succes from last Sunday. Started marking bait on east side of the shoals, set out 4 dipseys 25 and 35 down with 2 green dolphin and 2 blue dolphin spoons. First off wanted to say that the forecast I had of 2-3s settling to 1-2s was a bit off. It looked like 4-5s to start. The old Baron was up to the task but setting lines took some balance to say the least. We didn't get hit at all and decided to move east in about 50 feet of water. Started settng lines and added 2 downriggers to the mix running chrome and blue, chrome and black spoons. Only managed 1 coho at about 25 feet on a green dolphin. I marked the most bait i personally have ever seen, it almost looked like a looped demo of giant bait clouds, I thought for sure we'd get into some fast and furious action but only the lone 'ho which made for a tasty lunch today.

Still fun to be out but really wished i could have put more in the box. Oh well maybe next time.
200hp Tohatsu
9.9hp Tohatsu
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 Li batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 tabs
Traxstech 72" , Berts 24" tracks
2 Big Jon Capt packs
MK 15' Talon
Lowrance autopilot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty, Plane to Sea, dogsbestfriend, Fish head, Weakfish

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ltrain.

5/31 EC and Gary light Jun 01, 2020 6:11 pm #27959

• bob
  • Thank you received: 726
Thanks for the report
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: