• Page:

TOPIC:

Also PowderPuff 6/17 Jun 19, 2023 12:15 pm #37751

• Stroke of Luck
  • Stroke of Luck's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 325
Such a good time! Our wives are not fisherwomen but thought doing the tourney would be fun and of course my buddy and I got an extra chance to fish out of it. Heard a lot of stuff on the boat that day fishing some of which included things like "So when does the fun start" after 5 minutes of having the rods set and "Why is that rod bouncing so much?".  There was also Joe or I proclaiming "Fish on" and pointing to a rod resulting in one of them grabbing a completely different rod. We were then instructed that when we say "Fish On!" we are yelling and that is not appreciated.....Picked away at them in Michigan waters 90' - 110' with most action between 45' - 65' down.  At about 1:00PM we had to make the call of pulling lines and heading in even though we new that we didn't have the fish or the weight to qualify so the call was to stay out a little longer and enjoy the day.  At 1:30 the Ninja board/250' steel on the starboard side goes nuts and the cluster went to 11 in heart beat as the king decided to do what Kings do and a rookie fisherwomen on the other end. Thought for sure we would lose it especially after it tangled in the board of the port side. Between the two of them they got it done and in the boat but not enough time to get to MC for the weigh in by 2:00.  Weighed at the boat at 18.8lbs. Good for the ladies and quite entertaining for us guys!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmik34, Sundevil, Pikesmith, SweetDaddy, edac, Ltrain, Lund, Horseshoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Also PowderPuff 6/17 Jun 19, 2023 12:44 pm #37752

• Tmik34
  • Thank you received: 1131
Awesome fish! The whole day you described is one of the reasons why its always a good time getting the women out there, they make us better fisherman! More pressure to find the fish, and extra practice at re tying stuff lol.
-Lady M- Sea Ray 290 Amberjack

Also PowderPuff 6/17 Jun 19, 2023 7:27 pm #37758

• Trent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 9/12/1957
  • Thank you received: 353
What a great day! Congratulations and thanks for the information! What did the king hit?

Also PowderPuff 6/17 Jun 21, 2023 8:19 am #37773

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1684
Fun day out there Geoff!
Boatless!

• Page: