Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

St joe coho 4/21-4/25 Apr 19, 2024 12:58 pm #39182

• Cruzzer3
  • Cruzzer3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello. My wife and I are headed up to st joe on Sunday 4/21 for our first ever coho trip. We regularly fish Lake Erie for walleye but never trolled for coho. I have to plan my vacation time in October so our trip has already been locked in place. Anyone doing any good? My plan right now is thin fish on boards. Spoons on dipseys. Spoons and rotators. Flicker minnows. Possibly rotator and flies. Any kings reported? Winds are kinda iffy I hope that changes. For coho in shallow or out deep? Plan has been shallow but not sure if the bait is in close or deep. Again. Again help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

St joe coho 4/21-4/25 Apr 19, 2024 1:21 pm #39183

• MC_angler
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1272
Sounds like a pretty good plan. Big winds disrupted the nearshore fishing for a bit last week, and people were going out to 200+ feet. But I think the fishing has really picked up in close since then

I would plan to start shallow and if there's no boats/action, then go deep (waves permitting)

You might also keep an eye out for New Buffalo reports, sometimes it can be hotter farther south early in the year

The bait has just started showing up over by East Chicago/Portage and I have not heard of any out of St Joe yet
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pikesmith, LWL, Paul Pogo - Reel Therapy, Cruzzer3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: