• Page:

TOPIC:

Work Hard - Play Smart Apr 28, 2017 9:10 pm #13697

• honda cat
  • honda cat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 222
You don’t need me to tell you that life short. However, in this modern world, we also have so many more responsibilities that demand our attention than in the past. When you can carve out a few hours to get out on the water, it makes sense to make the most of that precious time. I have seen guys that eagerly wait for boating day - only to be frustrated by problems on the water caused by outdated equipment or poorly installed options.

At Calumet Marine our mission in life is to help boaters make the most of their precious time on the water.

Today, I would like to talk with you about several advances in marine power. New technology includes premium controls and NMEA networks. The benefits that these upgrades provide for recreational boats especially fisherman is huge, and can turn frustration into an enjoyable and memorable boating day.
Some of these exciting new options include:
• Wire throttle and shift rpm tune
• Computer motor sync
• Auto trim & power steering
• Digital throttle control

For more information visit NMEA.org for details on these advanced marine electronics systems.

The benefits include getting accurate information from your motor. Something as simple as an accurate fuel gauge reading is now made possible with these advanced systems. Isn’t it frustrating to guess how much fuel you have left? This technology makes digital gauges obsolete - and when considering the expense of these outdated instruments, it makes a premium control package economically the wiser choice when connected with a multifunction display.

After seeing in these options in action everyone from the recreational boater to the hardcore fisherperson quickly realizes, “I WANT THIS and I NEED THIS!” Imagine hitting a button to get one or two tenths of a mph speed change vs. endlessly tapping on the throttle control to get the perfect trolling speed! All this and more is now easily possible with these advanced controls.

Some customers have told us that dealers said, “You don’t need all of that new fangled stuff.” To upgrade a standard installation, you now have to remove the previous rigging kits, and have wasted money and labor. My father always said, “If it’s worth doing in the first place, it’s worth doing it right the first time.”

While these controls add some expense to the installation, the functionality is amazing and the level of satisfaction very high. When you are ready to make the most of your day on the water, reach out to us by phone or email. New customers are welcome, and returning customers are our priority.

Frank Martin
USCG Captain – 50-Ton Master
Calumet Marine
426 Burnham Ave.
Calumet City IL, 60409
Phone: (708) 862-2407
Fax: (708) 868-8565
Toll free: (877) 607-6836
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Best pricing on:
• Honda Evinrude marine propulsion systems
• Garmin multifunction systems including GPS fish finding systems
• Auto-pilot
• Radar
• Ais systems
• Integrated audio.
Big thank you to my buddy Alo the wizard of words for helping me put my thoughts to words !

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Frank Martin
USCG Captain - 50 Ton Master
Great Lakes Inland Waterways
Near shore Salt water
Towing assist
owner Calumet Marine .com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: