• Page:

TOPIC:

Hunter Boys on Ebay Tonight Apr 10, 2018 6:23 am #18733

• Lickety-Split
  • Lickety-Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1725
Tonight might be a really big night for HunterBoys auctions on Ebay. Seller name there is jxz225, They might break there new record of 127.50 for one bait it is close right now at $103.00. Nobody does work like Hunter boys,,,,nobody.
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hunter Boys on Ebay Tonight Apr 10, 2018 6:56 am #18734

• southshore
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 471
I saw that, that is just crazy to me. Do you think the buyer is just a collector, or someone who would fish with that lure??? For a collector, I would think that an original in an unopened box would be more desireable than a custom painted bait. For a fisherman, good lord!! I know some modern crankbaits sell for $20-30++. I think I’ve seen links for swimbaits in the $100 range. I can just see the guy sitting on his boat with his cell phone in his left hand, his pole in his right, foot on the trolling motor trying to hold his boat over some snag waiting for a salvage team of divers to come rescue his plug.

Hunter Boys on Ebay Tonight Apr 10, 2018 7:39 am #18735

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yep I here you Southshore.
Hunter boys has been doing this for years now and, every year just gets better. The old Pre Rapala wiggles are the ones that pull the really big numbers. They are not being collected, they are being fished.

Bass fishermen seem to be a little crazier then we salmon fishermen. The amount of semi pro guys and all the tournaments that take place with substantial payouts are high. Then you move into the pro class and they are pretty secret in what they use. But, there is a tremendous amount of money out there dealing in the world of bass fishermen
Hunter boys had at one time there very own bass bait called the bass magnet. The bait looks like a crayfish scooting backwards. When many of the big bait companies were buying others out. The bass magnet was sold to the Bill Norman company but Jack held on to some of the blanks. You will see some at times on his ebay site. He is a very skilled painter and a heck of a nice guy. More of our members have been getting some work done, all have been very happy. He is a Indiana guy, and now is retired moving into painting full time. He stands behind all his work..
We are lucky to have someone with his talents so close, and being a great sponsor to the site. Great work, done quickly, no flaws. Can't ask more from a custom painter.
Lickety-Split

Last edit: by Lickety-Split.

Hunter Boys on Ebay Tonight Apr 11, 2018 5:57 am #18760

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
New all time record sale for Hunter Boys. PB&J Crunch custom painted wiggle wart $157.50
Lickety-Split

Hunter Boys on Ebay Tonight Apr 11, 2018 11:49 am #18780

• netminder34
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 104
Thats 22 Red Squigglies or 15 coho crushers, or etc, lol. I guess when you have money to burn thats not a concern, maybe someday.
Jeff
17' Smokercraft "Kings Ransom 2.0"

• Page: