Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SOME ONE SNEAKS SOME POT ON YOUR BOAT YOU COULD BE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE Jan 08, 2019 7:24 am #21995

• honda cat
  • honda cat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 220
click links below for the latest POT laws on the water

CAPTAINS PLEASE READ CLOSELY MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE ZERO TOLERANCE STICKER ON YOU BOAT ITS THE ONLY THING THAT PROTECTS YOU FROM SOME ONE SNEAKING SOME POT ON BOARD

CLINK LINKS BELOW TO BETTER UNDERSTAND THE LAWS

www.boatus.com/magazine/2018/december/ca...S3ZAzQsydpxFA3YUXVWA

www.boatingmag.com/how-legalized-marijua...frG7zpiE-Cylsp0B1bf0
Frank Martin
USCG Captain - 50 Ton Master
Great Lakes Inland Waterways
Near shore Salt water
Towing assist
owner Calumet Marine .com
The following user(s) said Thank You: CaptMike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SOME ONE SNEAKS SOME POT ON YOUR BOAT YOU COULD BE IN SERIOUS TROUBLe Jan 31, 2019 10:26 am #22136

• CaptMike
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 151
Great info Frank!
I deal with the CG quite a bit. Although they are some of the most reasonable folks on the water, they are still law enforcement, and they take their jobs very seriously.

I wouldnt want to get jammed up because one of my fishing buddies had a little weed on them if I ever got boarded while out on my boat.

Last edit: by CaptMike.

SOME ONE SNEAKS SOME POT ON YOUR BOAT YOU COULD BE IN SERIOUS TROUBLe Feb 04, 2019 3:45 pm #22162

• netminder34
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 104
The Coast Guard is Federal Law Enforcement. They are a division of Homeland Security and enforce Federal Law which overrides State Law, but don't get fooled because they can also turn you into the local authority, if they so choose. So, you can wind up fighting two court battles, one at the Federal level and one at the State level. Most of them are sensible and they only want to ensure people are safe and acting responsible on the water, so don't let it get ugly, but it can really fast. They are very serious due to the Military style training even though technically they are no part of the military anymore and also why they were affected ,with paychecks being withheld, during the most recent government stupidity, I mean shutdown.
Jeff
17' Smokercraft "Kings Ransom 2.0"

• Page: