• Page:

TOPIC:

New Coho Dodger Mar 13, 2018 8:22 pm #18022

• Steelie Don
  • Steelie Don's Avatar Topic Author
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 509
Has anyone gave the new style of dodger from Dreamweaver a run yet? I picked one up last year when I went to Ontario to walleye fish. We stopped at a Gander that was still open but closing out. I think I gave 6 or 7 bucks for it. Looks like it will kick a small fly around pretty good. Here is a picture of it.

My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Coho Dodger Mar 15, 2018 9:25 am #18047

• Wildkat Tim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 277
I'm not sure if I have the same exact dodger but we tried something like those years ago. I still have some somewhere. But they didn't seem to work as good as what most of us run now a days. But things change so you might want to give it a try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steelie Don

New Coho Dodger Mar 15, 2018 4:45 pm #18055

• BNature
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1386
It looks very much like one called the Action Flasher which has been around for years. Shush..... I've been using them and some other "bent" dodgers called Mini-flodgers (Silver Streak company) for years with great results. Stick the fly about 20 inches back and hang on! Used to be a guy on the Ditch who sold similar ones at the Steelheader's show. They were great! Then he shot someone and went to jail. Probably making license plates now.

New Coho Dodger Mar 15, 2018 5:26 pm #18056

• Steelie Don
  • Steelie Don's Avatar Topic Author
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 509

It looks very much like one called the Action Flasher which has been around for years. Shush..... I've been using them and some other "bent" dodgers called Mini-flodgers (Silver Streak company) for years with great results. Stick the fly about 20 inches back and hang on! Used to be a guy on the Ditch who sold similar ones at the Steelheader's show. They were great! Then he shot someone and went to jail. Probably making license plates now.

You give some of the greatest responses on this website. The post is informative, both tragic and funnier than hell. I am still grinning.
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

New Coho Dodger Apr 15, 2018 3:19 pm #18866

• Storm1m
  • Thank you received: 22
I have seen some reports up in Wisconsin where the action dodger was the most productive dodger fly combination at times. Another one to try is the baby spin dr. Those are good too if your feeling a lil Crazy. Lol. Good luck and tight lines

• Page: