• Page:

TOPIC:

Organizing tackle! Oct 05, 2018 10:12 pm #21471

• 73rr
  • 73rr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 107
I use a nitro zv18. I truly do like this boat for salmon and walleye fishing. I also use this boat at a smaller fishing club by me for crappie and fish like that. Mostly lake Michigan fishing though.

The question is. How do I guys store your dipsey divers and planter boards? I have mostly everything in a good spot but its not like planter board will fit in a 3800 tackle box lol
The little red rocket! It's all the boat I need ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Organizing tackle! Oct 05, 2018 10:43 pm #21472

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1679
When I had my stratos, everything just got shoved in a compartment loose as far as planers go. Dipsies went into a larger plano box. Nothing overly special. Do what you can to keep things neat, and thats about it.
Boatless!

Organizing tackle! Oct 07, 2018 6:11 pm #21488

• BigEdV
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Winter Maintenance
  • Thank you received: 361
Mine inline boards are thrown in with my dodgers, spin drs, flashers, and dipsys in one of the storage compartments. Not the best way but it works.
-Eddo-

2014 Alumacraft competitor 175 aka "The Geek Squad"

Organizing tackle! Oct 07, 2018 8:39 pm #21491

• Tmik34
  • Thank you received: 1091
There isnt a real good way to do it but this is what I use for my flies.

-Lady M- Sea Ray 290 Amberjack

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Organizing tackle! Oct 14, 2018 6:28 am #21512

• BNature
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1385
The flies in the tubes thing is the nearest thing to perfection I've found. Those are available from Amish Outfitters. Extra or loose Dipsey Divers on my boat are stored in a "junk" box where I put spools of line, pliers, mini-tackle boxes of swivels, minis of trolling sinkers, stuff like that. When I'm using either braid or mono line on the divers, I leave them tied to the end of the line and then use a wide rubber band to bind them to the rod just ahead of the reel so they don't bounce around.
As far as planer boards, The neatest thing I ever saw was a boat with a Traxtech system and trax had a mount which stored four of them. I know a charter guy with a full sized boat who puts five gallon buckets in each corner and drops his birds and boards in them.
Or - being snarky, here. Sell all you in-line boards on ebay and use the money to invest in big boards and a mast system. Then you can start sport fishing for salmon instead of meat fishing.

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lickety-Split

Organizing tackle! Oct 14, 2018 7:20 pm #21516

• Matbob
  • Thank you received: 14
This is how it’s done. It’s a tractex attachment at 65$. Different sizes for different boards. Best investment ever. This leaves you happy when you haul a big skunk home!

This message has attachments images.

Organizing tackle! Oct 14, 2018 7:36 pm #21518

• Steelie Don
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 509
Storage on my boat is at a premium. Only 2 storage spaces under the bench seating. I could use twice that amount if it were there. Most of my stuff is in totes or small plastic boxes that go into the bench storage. I have a pic of my planer board box. It has 1 Church TX-44, 4 TX-12's, 4 Walleye boards, and 5 Big Jon Side-Liner boards in it. Some careful arranging is all that is needed and it takes little room up in the boat.

My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

Last edit: by Steelie Don.

Organizing tackle! Oct 15, 2018 9:24 pm #21527

• BigEdV
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Winter Maintenance
  • Thank you received: 361

Or - being snarky, here. Sell all you in-line boards on ebay and use the money to invest in big boards and a mast system. Then you can start sport fishing for salmon instead of meat fishing.

I made my boards and masts (still refining them). I have not had a lot of fish on them yet but I must say that they are nice until I have to pull them in at the end of the day. I don't have cranks on my setup so it is all by hand but still agree that big boards are the way to go. I will see how well it works in the spring when combat fishing but I always have a few inline I can fall back on.
-Eddo-

2014 Alumacraft competitor 175 aka "The Geek Squad"

Last edit: by BigEdV.

Organizing tackle! Oct 16, 2018 7:31 am #21528

• BNature
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ed: I dont' have pulleys or retriever wheels on my masts either. It's no big deal to pull them in hand over hand at the end of the day - just a part of the day and well worth it for the added enjoyment. I don't understand why you are apprehensive about using them in the spring. They don't plane any wider than in-line boards. Fifty or sixty feet to the side is the same distance whether it's a big board or an inline. Actually, in the spring when I'm pulling small cranks or small dodgers, the big boards are closer to 90 degrees to each side of the boat than in-lines would be (closer to the boat) and the big boards are much more visible and easier for fellow anglers to spot and avoid. This photo wasn't taken to show how "wide" the big boards plane, but it does give a good idea.

Organizing tackle! Oct 16, 2018 7:33 am #21529

• BNature
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here's how much room my big boards take up when on board my boat.

• Page: