Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Let’s talk graphs May 09, 2019 10:32 pm #23728

• PacMan
  • PacMan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 12
It’s time for new electronics on my boat. I’m used to using Lowrance but not set on going that route. I’m going to have a console graph and bow graph. I perch fish in the fall salmon fish in the spring and spend most of the summer at our cottage on koontz lake. I’m looking at Lowrance Elite Ti2 12”. Feedback thoughts? I’m open to ideas it’s just a big decision and wouldn’t mind some input from others. I’d like to stay under 2k for a 12” console graph and transducer. Thanks all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let’s talk graphs May 10, 2019 6:50 am #23731

• EAGLE EYE
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
I have hummingbird 9” and 12” like urself I do more smaller lake fishing all I know is the bigger the screen the better the quality picture

Let’s talk graphs May 10, 2019 9:03 am #23733

• bob
  • Thank you received: 719
I have a Hummingbird Helix 10. I'm happy with it and it's easy to operate.
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4

Let’s talk graphs May 10, 2019 5:55 pm #23747

• PacMan
Do you think the 12” screen is worth its additional cost over the 9”? I previously had a humminbird 898 before I switched to Lowrance. That was a 9”. No doubt the 12” screen is nice though. I just feel for the types of fishing I do I simply don’t need the best of the best.

Let’s talk graphs May 10, 2019 8:54 pm #23749

• scoffer
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 243
I installed all Raymarine electronics in my boat and like them a lot (MFD, VHF, autopilot, blackbox side scan). Easy to use and good features. If you are willing to go with a 9” screen that would put you under the $2k mark with an Axiom system with the RealVision capabilities and Transducer and a networked Raymarine VHF radio with DSC capabilities in the event of an emergency.

If you want to mess with one before you buy it, Cabela’s in Hammond had a display model last time I was there in February or March.

Get an RV unit though so you can use the RV transducer. Even if you never use the RealVision screen, you at least get a single transducer and MFD that will do down scan, side scan, and CHIRP all at the same time.

Let’s talk graphs May 10, 2019 8:58 pm #23750

• scoffer
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 243
Also I run a 7” a78 model at the helm (Brains of the system) and just keep an iPad on the back deck to watch the graph. Wireless connection to the a78.

Last edit: by scoffer.

Let’s talk graphs May 11, 2019 8:06 pm #23779

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1679
Under $2k for a 12" seems challenging. When I had my smaller boat, I was a huge Lowrance fan, especially for perch fishing. Salmon fishing it really doesnt matter nearly as much. Using Lowarances downscan to find perch belly to the bottom was critical for me. I wish I still had it.
Boatless!

Let’s talk graphs May 13, 2019 10:51 pm #23839

• PacMan
Well a Lowrance elite ti2 total scan runs a tic under 2k. The new ti2’s wireless link so a bow mount is easy to add. I just haven’t found anyone running one yet to see how they like it. I’ve been using a Lowrance hook to perch fish and salmon fish. I really wanted a better graph for perch. I appreciate the info!

Let’s talk graphs May 16, 2019 3:32 am #23870

• Ltrain
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 284

Do you think the 12” screen is worth its additional cost over the 9”? I previously had a humminbird 898 before I switched to Lowrance. That was a 9”. No doubt the 12” screen is nice though. I just feel for the types of fishing I do I simply don’t need the best of the best.

A 12" screen is much bigger than a 9" one. Plus the resolution is much greater, the 9 gives you 800 x 480 while the 12 gives you 1280 x 800. It is a very noticable difference. I have 2 12":inch units on my dash and never once looked at them and wish they were smaller. Go with the 12 or one day you will regret it.
200hp Tohatsu
9.9hp Tohatsu
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 Li batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 tabs
Traxstech 72" , Berts 24" tracks
2 Big Jon Capt packs
MK 15' Talon
Lowrance autopilot
The following user(s) said Thank You: PacMan

• Page: