• Page:

TOPIC:

coconut salmon May 15, 2020 5:03 am #27454

• BNature
  • BNature's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1386
went all in on Coconut Salmon last night. First, used coconut oil instead of veggie or peanut. Find the kind that doesn't have the coconut flavor refined out of it. Then eggwash the filets or chunks as you would with panko - then roll in white shredded coconut instead of panko or other crumbs! Wowsa! Move over, iron chef. Fries up golden brown and with a nice coco-kick!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

coconut salmon May 15, 2020 7:56 am #27460

• Dirty
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1682
Whoda thunk......have to give it a try!
Boatless!

coconut salmon Aug 11, 2020 11:02 am #28817

• cgreene
  • Thank you received: 0
Ive tried this dish before in a restaurant about a year ago. It was absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Ill definitely try to recreate the dish this weekend.

coconut salmon Aug 12, 2020 5:46 pm #28825

• BNature
  • BNature's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1386
On my last fun-fishing steelhead outing in late July we had a few gaspergoo crash the party - naturally. My sister-in-law promised to bring some salmon back home to South Dakota so we saved two goos for supper. We were going to do the boil and then "poor man's lobster' or poor man's shrimp thing but time got away from us so I sliced the gasper-fillets into finger sized strips, used regular veggy oil in the skillet. Did the eggwash and shredded coconut for the "crisp" and my sister in law was upset she only had steely fillets to take home. Should have cleaned the other gaspergoos. They were terrific. I guess that recipe is poor man's coconut shrimp!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beerman

• Page: