• Page:

TOPIC:

Earn Prize Jul 30, 2017 6:03 am #15738

• BNature
  • BNature's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1386
I don’t know how many Southenders subscribe to Great Lakes Angler magazine, but (I’m biased, I’m sure) if you don’t subscribe, you should. It’s the only magazine exclusively about fishing the Great Lakes - from Lake Superior on down to the St. Lawrence river.

Anyway, I’ve taken over the Basics and Beyond column in the magazine which is little more than a “Reader Tips” column where readers chip in handy, sometimes off-the-wall ideas and solutions they think work great for them and should work great for other fishermen. I see such ideas posted here quite frequently.

Here’s the kicker. According to the publisher, they will send a prize package valued at $30 to anyone whose ideas are printed in the magazine. Prizes may vary as they are donated by advertisers. Could be a few lures, filet knife, line - you just never know.

Send ideas to my email address: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. You may be anonymous if yo u wish, use your whole name, first name and last initial, Southender handle or any other name you wish. I do have to have your name and address to turn into the publisher so you can get your prize pack.

So send me some tips! And subscribe @ www.glangler.com.

Tips may be anything from a few lines to a few paragraphs. Just enough to define the problem and explain your solution. A photo (1 meg or larger) is great and may be used. A picture is worth a thousand words - sometimes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty, Plane to Sea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Earn Prize Jul 30, 2017 11:55 am #15745

• SafeCracker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 94
Mike, can you just turn in your own ideas?

You are the king of off the wall ideas and solutions.
Greg ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :woohoo:

Earn Prize Jul 31, 2017 2:30 am #15758

• BNature
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The first column which will be in the Aug/Sept issue does have a couple of my ideas in it, but the point is to get other people's input. Every guy out there has a trick or two worth sharing. Who knows, there could be Fub Wobblers in the prize pack!

Earn Prize Jul 31, 2017 7:23 am #15769

• Tmik34
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1093
Just wanted to say I have subscribed to GLA for a few yrs now and love it. Their customer service is good also. Honestly it is pretty darn cheap too. $19 bucks for the yr subscription, def worth the subscribe.
-Lady M- Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Storm1m

Earn Prize Jul 31, 2017 3:07 pm #15777

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1682
I could not agree more. Well worth it.
Boatless!

Earn Prize Aug 04, 2017 5:55 am #15842

• BNature
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
When you subscribe you get a filet knife. Don't know if it's good or crappy. Probably sharp enuf at the start to make you guys wondering about electric knives if they are worth the hassle.

• Page: