• Page:

TOPIC:

marina shores new harbor master Sep 12, 2017 6:46 am #16510

• honda cat
  • honda cat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 222
Whats up with marina shores I hear they have a new harbor master ?
I always thought the marina was well run and the harbor master did a excellent job
Any one have details on the shake up ?
Frank Martin
USCG Captain - 50 Ton Master
Great Lakes Inland Waterways
Near shore Salt water
Towing assist
owner Calumet Marine .com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

marina shores new harbor master Sep 12, 2017 8:12 pm #16516

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1682
At this time, to the best of my knowledge, I believe the harbor master position is unfilled and open.

From my understanding, the owners and the harbor master had a difference of operating philosophy.
Boatless!

marina shores new harbor master Sep 13, 2017 12:38 pm #16521

• netminder34
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 104
"From my understanding, the owners and the harbor master had a difference of operating philosophy."
Yes, well more the Operating Manager not the owners(Investment Management Group)

"I always thought the marina was well run and the harbor master did a excellent job."
Yes, you would be correct in my opinion.

It's hard to understand why a Operational Manager would let the Harbor Master go that took it from a couple dozen full slips to full capacity for 2 strait years in such a short time frame. Helped bring in a lot of the fishing fleet, tournaments, and a good public image. Big business strikes again, so much for us little guys I guess. Not sure what is going to come of it but it sure did seem to be run the way a marina should be run. Just my 2 cents.
Jeff
17' Smokercraft "Kings Ransom 2.0"

marina shores new harbor master Sep 13, 2017 6:42 pm #16523

• honda cat
  • honda cat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 222

"From my understanding, the owners and the harbor master had a difference of operating philosophy."
Yes, well more the Operating Manager not the owners(Investment Management Group)

"I always thought the marina was well run and the harbor master did a excellent job."
Yes, you would be correct in my opinion.

i have to agree
I was going to get a slip there my self but was too far to go for the after work outings on my boat

It's hard to understand why a Operational Manager would let the Harbor Master go that took it from a couple dozen full slips to full capacity for 2 strait years in such a short time frame. Helped bring in a lot of the fishing fleet, tournaments, and a good public image. Big business strikes again, so much for us little guys I guess. Not sure what is going to come of it but it sure did seem to be run the way a marina should be run. Just my 2 cents.

Frank Martin
USCG Captain - 50 Ton Master
Great Lakes Inland Waterways
Near shore Salt water
Towing assist
owner Calumet Marine .com

• Page: