Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Caulment marine Dec 04, 2017 1:14 pm #17070

• Angry Pirate
  • Angry Pirate's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 488
I just wanted to spend a second to tell you guys my experience with frank at calumet marine. I very recently was replacing and adding electronics on my boat. I had a good idea for what I was doing but in the same respect need a little guidance. Frank gave me a lot of “free advice”. He also helped me out with linking the gps signal from my new hds units to my marine radio. I have also had my boat at 2 different locations that had no idea how to do this. So now if ever in an emergency my panic/ emergency button now operates as it should. Just want to say thank you frank. I did buy some of the equipment from him but also found out he can match most deals on anything you can buy. Let’s help the small guys out rather than buy everything off the internet from the big box stores that are putting all the little guys out of business.
It's better to ask forgiveness than for permission.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lickety-Split

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Angry Pirate.

Caulment marine Dec 04, 2017 7:06 pm #17079

• honda cat
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 222
its a passion for the sport that keeps us going
love time spent on the water

Calumet Marine
Published by Frank Martin · 14 hrs ·
Fishing on the Great Lakes a puzzle just waiting to be solved. I’ve spent many days and nights fishing on Lake Michigan and always learned something. Some days I came back satisfied with my effort - and with a few fish in the box. Other days I come back humbled, with my tail dragging. No two days are the same on the Great Lakes. Maybe that’s why I enjoy it so much.
Tip of the Week: Modern electronics can tip the scales in your favor when chasing salmon and lakers on Lake Michigan. There are thousands of square miles for these fish to hide and the right tools can make a dramatic difference. Modern boat builders put one-size-fits-all equipment on new boats these days. Standard electronics helps their profit margin but there are so many options that are better suited to the Great Lakes. One such tool is a probe that will relay the speed and temperature of your lure – in real time! Call us for more advice on how to customize the electronics on your boat for success!
Captain Frank Martin
Owner – Calumet Marine
www.calumetmarine.com
“Work Hard – Play Smart”
Frank Martin
USCG Captain - 50 Ton Master
Great Lakes Inland Waterways
Near shore Salt water
Towing assist
owner Calumet Marine .com

Caulment marine Dec 04, 2017 7:18 pm #17080

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1683
Frank - one thing that would be helpful to know for myself and many of us......do you only do work in the shop? Or can you come on location. My boat is now too big to transport. I assume you are shop only, but if not - would be good for many of us to know. Tight Lines!
Boatless!

Caulment marine Dec 04, 2017 11:19 pm #17081

• Lickety-Split
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1742
The new locators are niceeeeeeee Bill.

And would have to agree that Frank is a great guy and a world of knowledge. And he loves to help. We are very lucky to have Frank as a sponsor and member of the site. He has helped me more then I can say, and we have developed a great friendship.
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

Caulment marine Dec 05, 2017 8:45 am #17082

• honda cat
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Frank - one thing that would be helpful to know for myself and many of us......do you only do work in the shop? Or can you come on location. My boat is now too big to transport. I assume you are shop only, but if not - would be good for many of us to know. Tight Lines!

jeff you are corned we no longer do on site device
it just not cost effective for us or customers
no one want to pay 110 bucks a hour for transportation time for cert find mech let alone NMEA certified electronics 125 per hour there are a few cases we do for commercial customer in Chicago for the big tour boats etc they are happy to get it done and pay the price we must charge
There are some huge advantages to trailerable boats and this is one of the biggest
don't let any one tell yo there are not trailerable boat that can handle Lake Michigan off shore fishing I have a few options for this as well
Frank Martin
Near shore Salt water
Towing assist

Caulment marine Dec 05, 2017 8:49 am #17083

• honda cat
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
sorry duplicate
Frank Martin
Near shore Salt water
Towing assist

Last edit: by honda cat.

Caulment marine Dec 05, 2017 5:29 pm #17085

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1683
Thanks for the clarifications Frank!
Boatless!

Caulment marine Dec 05, 2017 6:33 pm #17088

• BigEdV
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Winter Maintenance
  • Thank you received: 361
I visited Calumet Marine for the first time this year. I talked to Frank for a second just about an alumacraft traxtech part. Cabelas hooked up my GPS to the Marine radio but they were surprised I asked - I guess most guys dont want it hooked up. Just an FYI if you reset your Fishfinder or do software upgrade you may have to turn the connection back on in the FishFinder (Mine flipped off after a software upgrade and didnt notice at first until my cousin looked at the radio for the GPS coordinates and it was not showing).

Now if Frank would just move to the other side of the state line so we didn't have to pay crook county taxes!!!
-Eddo-

2014 Alumacraft competitor 175 aka "The Geek Squad"

Caulment marine Dec 06, 2017 8:18 pm #17093

• honda cat
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

I just wanted to spend a second to tell you guys my experience with frank at calumet marine. I very recently was replacing and adding electronics on my boat. I had a good idea for what I was doing but in the same respect need a little guidance. Frank gave me a lot of “free advice”. He also helped me out with linking the gps signal from my new hds units to my marine radio. I have also had my boat at 2 different locations that had no idea how to do this. So now if ever in an emergency my panic/ emergency button now operates as it should. Just want to say thank you frank. I did buy some of the equipment from him but also found out he can match most deals on anything you can buy. Let’s help the small guys out rather than buy everything off the internet from the big box stores that are putting all the little guys out of business.

was a blast fishing on your boat Bill thank you for the invite !!
Frank Martin
Near shore Salt water
Towing assist

Caulment marine Dec 06, 2017 9:32 pm #17094

• Angry Pirate
  • Angry Pirate's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 488
You are welcome aboard the pirate ship :P any time. It was a good time.
It's better to ask forgiveness than for permission.

• Page: